• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cobblerdave
    replied
    G'day
    http://www.aussiebbq.info/forum/view...p?f=40&t=14488
    This link is good local suppliers in Sydney, sorry I'm in Brisbane but can't personally say
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• PizzaCharlie
    replied
    Been trying the bunnings hot shots brand.
    The kindling is great and fires up quick.

Unfortunately the hard wood is pretty bad. Doesn't burn stronger than a candle and feels wet. I've tried 2 bags of the hardwood but same result. On the lookout for something more suitable

Leave a comment:

• Greenman
    replied
    Re: Fire wood

It's all in the timing Dave. Sunday afternoons are prime wood gathering time. New roadworks in the country are prime sites and where the power transmission lines follow the road but there is a green belt between there is usually plenty on the powerline side, just need to get through and then you are completely out of sight.

I am thinking of taking a camping trip west of the ranges into the mulga country.

Leave a comment:

• cobblerdave
    replied

G'day
    In QLD its illegal to collect wood from the side of the road, it is by rights the property of the state.
    Living in Brisbane it's a bit hard not to be caught gathering a bit of wood roadside. Been caught a couple of times over the years by the local council.
    I don't take a chainsaw and pick up non log size pieces.
    The council is usually more suprised that I'm actually collecting tree falls and not dumping garden trimmings. So far I've been of the hook.
    Regards dave

Leave a comment:

• Wozza
    replied

I dismantled my wood fired heater a year ago and I have enough wood for the yet-to-be-finished wfo to last a couple of years. But I STILL can't drive past a pile of wood or a cut down tree without thinking...hmmmm, I could get that in the back of the 4 wheeler.

Leave a comment:

• wotavidone
    started a topic Fire wood

Fire wood

Still managing to score plenty of firewood.

Originally posted by cobblerdave View Post
    G'day
    In QLD its illegal to collect wood from the side of the road, it is by rights the property of the state. Regards dave
    Guess I'd better delete the evidence then.
    Last edited by wotavidone; 07-13-2015, 09:45 PM.
Working...
X