Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5000 Firebricks recovered from my backyard in Jesmond, Newcastle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5000 Firebricks recovered from my backyard in Jesmond, Newcastle.

Hi

I have taken up 5000 firebricks used as paving in my yard in Newcastle. They are product of the old Newbold General Refractories. I'm keen to sell them quickly at $1ea - any contacts or suggestions welcome.
    See the ad on gumtree at http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/jesmo...ies/1105313115 for photos etc.
    I have recovered about 5000 firebricks There is a variety of sizes and colours WEY 210 x 103 x 75 mm, 35kg About 3800 of these Key shape very slight ..., 1105313115
    Last edited by ben33w; 03-02-2016, 07:45 PM.

Ben,

Welcome to the forum. I would not normally approve a first post with links to a product for sale. But, I have read how difficult it is to get reasonably firebrick down under. Thanks for the post, but still: "caveat emptor" ​.
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Sorry Gulf. I don't consider this to be a commercial proposition. I spent hundreds of hours cleaning the concrete from these bricks. The take up was forced by developers next door who crossed my boundary to damage the surface and also by black locust (also next door) tree roots that put out great long runners that lift the paving. Even if I got decent firebrick prices I'm still the loser.

Ben

Comment

Ben,

​I should have worded my welcome a little better. I'm hoping that your loss will be someone else's gain. And, that your brick turn into many wood fired ovens. If you don't have one already, save some for yourself ​.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Working...
        X