Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Australian Pizza Oven - Building Standards

Hi everyone,

New Australian forum member here. My apologies if this question has been answered - I've tried searching (both the forum and more generally) but am struggling to find an answer...

I'm in the planning stages for an outdoor kitchen. It will be positioned on a patio area and includes a wood fired pizza oven (the Jamie Oliver Dome 60). I want to make sure that I comply with Australian Building Standards (particularly for the oven position and flue requirements), but am having trouble actually sourcing the standard. I'm pretty certain that what I need is AS 2918 (2018 version), but it looks like I need to pay upwards of $250 to get a copy which I would love to avoid if possible.

I've tried phoning my local council who weren't helpful at all. My home insurance company just gives general advice about meeting standards etc.

I would be very grateful if one of you kind people could point me in the right direction please?

Thank you in advance.

I can’t really help you, although I’m most interested in finding out if there are any. On contacting my local council about it several years ago, they informed me that they had nothing on it, apart from wanting homeowners to keep it within 1.5 m from any boundary fence. Although I’ve heard that even this is not legally enforceable. Most interested in what the latest is. Try phoning Australian Standards or Fire Dept. The usual is that it should not be a problem unless you get some neighbour complaints.
    Last edited by david s; 04-13-2019, 08:53 PM.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I'm still trying to hunt down the answer and I'll let you know if I find anything. I really do think that the answers lie in the building code I referenced above, but actually getting a copy this code without forking out $$$ seems to be the tricky bit.

Hopefully more info to come.

Comment

Working...
      X