X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4stroker
    replied
    Thanks David!

Last edited by 4stroker; 03-18-2020, 02:19 AM.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Originally posted by 4stroker View Post
    Hi David, I'm still waiting to hear back from Antec, in the meantime, "Refractory Installations Australia" in Oakleigh South, Vic, are able to supply:

Stainless Steel Melt Extract needles 446 grade are $9.00. per kilogram.

Smallest quantity is a 10kg box.

$99 inc GST plus postage.

I'm assuming these will be suitable?
    Yes they're the ones. From memory Antec are a bit dearer. Freight will about double the cost. Melb a bit further than Sydney so price may be about the same.

Leave a comment:

• 4stroker
    replied
    Hi David, I'm still waiting to hear back from Antec, in the meantime, "Refractory Installations Australia" in Oakleigh South, Vic, are able to supply:

Stainless Steel Melt Extract needles 446 grade are $9.00. per kilogram.

Smallest quantity is a 10kg box.

$99 inc GST plus postage.

I'm assuming these will be suitable?

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Yes sounds right. I get 94 litres which is 0.094m3. Give me a call re fibre supplies.
    Last edited by david s; 03-16-2020, 04:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 4stroker
    replied
    Thanks David.

This is Mark, I've been talking to you recently about my father-in-law's build.

I know we talked about the SS Needles not being critical, but at this stage we're going to include them on a "do it once do it right" philosophy. Will try and find some thick gloves and work through the pain...

Where do you buy your burnout fibers? I've been googling the product you recommended but cant seem to find any stockist info. Also I tried calling Lyndon's but the number is disconnected??

I also recall you saying one box will do 1m3 of home brew. From my calcs our inner dome is only going to be like 0.1m3... 1040mm inner diameter, 50mm thick, does that sound right?

Thanks again.

Leave a comment:

• david s
    replied
    Melt extract fibres (ss needles) Antec Engineering, Sydney. Add 2-4% by weight of dry mix, Be careful they're not called needles for nothing.

Sika PPM 48/19 comes as a pack of two different fibres designed for concrete reinforcing, but if you use only the short 19 mm fibres, they do the trick if used in refractory as burnout fibres. Add around a handful for every 10 litres of home-brew, but mix for at least double the time you'd think as they take a while to disperse properly. The longer fibres can be used as reinforcing for the outer render.
    Last edited by david s; 03-16-2020, 04:26 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Where to get SS Needles, Burnout Fibres and other materials in NQ

Hi guys, I'm planning a homebrew cast build in NQ.

Where can I buy the SS Needles and Burnout Fibres? Online is ok.

Also how do I work out how many of each to add to the mix?

Thanks.
Working...
X