Perth: Free WFO Cooking Demo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perth: Free WFO Cooking Demo

I have heard some good feedback about the free WFO cooking demos on offer by Tom at the Fremantle based DIY Pizza Ovens.

This is the link to register: Pizza Ovens, Wood Fired Ovens, DIY Pizza Ovens, Brick Ovens, Perth, Western Australia ::

Some other good videos on the same page as well.
    / Rossco

Re: Perth: Free WFO Cooking Demo

Cheers Rossco, I know that the place across the road from Toms place, DIY Ovens (Med Fired Ovens) also does cooking demos. The place I bought my kit from does demos too and the old guy that runs it is quite funny. He was once a bush cook for the natives up in the Kimberly and he told us stories about how he used to knock over Termite Hills and use them as Wood Fired Ovens!!! He shows alot of different types of items you can cook and how to do it. There web site is Woodfired Pizza Ovens | Alfresco - Home for anyone that is intrested in going to one. Highly Recommended!!!! They run them at two different gardern worlds...one in Forestdale and the other in Joondalup.

Scott

Comment

Hi Scott ...

I hadn't come across the Alfresco WFO before - thanks for the pointer.

I must say it's a really nice looking oven - I really like the black arch! I had a quick look around the site and didn't see a price. How do they compare with the other guys in town price wise?? I will definitely shoot up to Joondalup which is near my neck of the woods and have a peek at the oven.

A WFO out of a termite hill - wow .... now that is reall Aussie bush cooking for sure!

How is your pizza baking going? Got any activity planned for this weekend??

Rossco
      / Rossco

Comment

Hey Rossco,
        Yeah, I agree about Alfrescos ovens. My wife and I looked at EVERY company in Perth for a WFO...our research took us about 10 months!!! And Alfresco was the best that we found for our price bracket!! We got the Midi kit and I think it cost around $2000 which included everything (extra lenght stainless steel flue for the patio roof, all sand and cement) , the only thing we had to supply was the water!! The black arch and granet floor plate for the opening is also a very good look. The other thing that got us is the refactory dome has thick wire mesh cast inside for extra strength! I have a Rostered Week Off this week so I will be firing it up for pizzas and my 9 hour ribs again!!! Cant wait. Will post pics too!!

Comment

Hi Scott - it is excellent that you have done the research on the local WFO manufacturers. People often ask me for a recommendation on who the "best" manufacturer is and I haven't been able to answer that so this info is really helpful.

What I have noticed is that a few (one manufacturer in particular) has been getting a lot of bad reports lately. Whilst the product produced is good, their arrogance and unpleasant customer service (particularly after buying one of their ovens) is putting a lot of people off. It is particularly good to hear that the Alfresco guy is great to deal with so I will spread the word accordingly.

Back on the topic of demos - I thought that I should pop along and see what I can learn from the Alfresco demo. Unlike Tom's in Fremantle (who has a barrell oven which may be a slightly different cooking process) I am keen to see what Alfresco has to offer as it is a similar style (igloo) to what I have.

Enjoy the time off - a whole week mind you!!! Have you got a job there for me??
          / Rossco

Comment

Originally posted by heliman View Post
            What I have noticed is that a few (one manufacturer in particular) has been getting a lot of bad reports lately.
            Back on the topic of demos - I thought that I should pop along and see what I can learn from the Alfresco demo. I am keen to see what Alfresco has to offer as it is a similar style (igloo) to what I have.
            Enjoy the time off - a whole week mind you!!! Have you got a job there for me??
            I think I know what mob your talking about...and I fully agree!!! I was amazed in the way alfrsco di their demos...He cooked a lamb leg at 'Pizza Hot'!! Was amazed that it was done in 80 mins and wasnt burnt at all....also it was very very tender and full of juice!!!

And in regards to a job...only a special breed of person can be a Wharfie LOL. Shift work is a pain...but atleast we get to work outside which I love!

Comment

Found another place that does good oven cooking demos. That is Kitchen Warehouse. I know the one up the road from me (South Central, Cockburn, Cnr Armadale Rd and Tapper Rd) does them every 4 weeks or so I think. They show a large range of cooking from Pizzas to roasts and all maintance items required for having a WFO. Im not sure if the other KW's do demos....guess it would depend if the other stores have a oven or not.

Comment

Working...
              X