Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suppliers in Saskatchewan/ Pompeii style oven

Hello!
    Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on suppliers in SK.?
    I emailed Brock White in Regina, but they have not answered yet....
    Did everyone follow the Forno Bravo build plans....for a Pompeii oven?
    I inquired about shipping an oven kit to Canada....but the freight was almost the same cost as the oven kit itself!
    So.....I thought I would see what's available closer to home!
    Thanks!

Re: Suppliers in Saskatchewan/ Pompeii style oven

Hi there. I didn't see this post before but you can get firebrick from IXL masonry in Regina for $2.75/brick + tax. Brock White was more expensive and had a 500 brick minimum. I bought fireclay from lakeview pottery association. For the rest of the home brew mortar I bought jointing sand from Home Depot and hydrated lime and portland cement from Rona. My insulation was purchased from ANH Refractories in Edmonton. I had someone pick it up but shipping can be expensive. I saw a post somewhere here, I think in the newbie forum, where there was a Roxul product you could use for the floor which would save on shipping and can be acquired from Wallace Construction in Regina.

Any questions let me know. I just finished my 32" build and am located just east of Regina.

Comment

Hi there!
      This is very good to know ......thanks!
      I'm from Weyburn.....!! We plan on maybe getting a start next spring.
      Would you be willing to show us, tell us about your build?
      My email is; djpc@sasktel.net
      Thanks again!
      Deanna

Comment

Hi Deanna,

My build is on photobucket Wood Fired Oven Photos by tgelsinger | Photobucket and my build thread can be found here http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...ada-20818.html

I'd be glad to answer any questions or if you are in the Regina area let you take a look at my build. I'm not the most skilled mason, in fact I had never laid a brick before I started this project. Any questions let me know.

Comment

Hi there!
          I did look at your pics!
          Thanks for the links!
          Looks like you did great for the first time!!
          I do have some questions....how much can you cook at one time in that size oven? Also does it stay hot enough to do bread for example, the day after?
          We likely won't do any construction until next spring!
          But would love to take a look sometime!
          ~D

Comment

It could hold 2 pizza's at a time but I'm just starting and only do 1 at a time. If you look up the 32" in Northern California thread Neal was able to do a pizza party for 50 ppl with the same sized oven.

I don't have a door yet so I haven't done bread yet on it. The key is insulation. I have 2 inches of insulation under the floor bricks and 2 inches of ceramic Fibre blanket over the dome. I will be adding more to the dome next year. Even without a door my oven is still over 150 degrees 24 hours later so it holds heat well. Once I add the door(insulated) I should be able to do bread the next day on it. I've read where ppl cook pizza Friday night then do bread on Saturday and cook a roast on Sunday.

The entrance is 16" wide and 10" tall so I should be able to fit a smaller Turkey inside. Any more questions don't hesitate to ask.

Comment

i am part way through putting together a Casa 2G 100 in Rosetown, Sask. I had originally priced it from FB but the freight was a killer and exchange to $US was expensive. This spring I noticed the Ontario franchise holder, which is called Outdoor Pizza Ovens, has similar prices but they are in Canadian Dollars and the freight was also better. Check them out online. They also have a sub-dealer in Biggar, Sask at OK Tire. Kevin there is a really good guy and would be worth calling as well.
              Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberfoot View Post
                i am part way through putting together a Casa 2G 100 in Rosetown, Sask. I had originally priced it from FB but the freight was a killer and exchange to $US was expensive. This spring I noticed the Ontario franchise holder, which is called Outdoor Pizza Ovens, has similar prices but they are in Canadian Dollars and the freight was also better. Check them out online. They also have a sub-dealer in Biggar, Sask at OK Tire. Kevin there is a really good guy and would be worth calling as well.
                Good luck.
                The Biggar reseller must be new. I contacted the outdoor pizza oven guys in March and they were great to deal with but they told me the freight on the bricks would be a deal breaker. They were honest and responsive which was great.

I got my pizza peels at Russel Foods in Regina, which had to be special ordered but we're way cheaper than online. Yesterday I got a 10" aluminum peel with a 49" handle and an 8" peel with a 20" handle for a total of $40 bucks.
                Last edited by thebigt; 10-15-2014, 09:43 AM.

Comment

Kevin at Biggar Tire just got the sub dealership this summer and had in stock a complete Chicago Brick oven on a metal stand. Nice.
                  Super deal on the pizza peels, definitely will be checking those out.
                  i am trying to get my oven cured before adding the insulation and stucco; will need a couple of more nice weeks.
                  Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by rubberfoot View Post
                    Kevin at Biggar Tire just got the sub dealership this summer and had in stock a complete Chicago Brick oven on a metal stand. Nice.
                    Super deal on the pizza peels, definitely will be checking those out.
                    i am trying to get my oven cured before adding the insulation and stucco; will need a couple of more nice weeks.
                    Thanks.
                    I gave up on the stucco for this year when the weather turned cold in Sept. I got the insulation over my dome and I paced a good tarp over it, then a moving blanket, another tarp the a giant tarp to cover it all up. Overkill I know but cheaper than new insulation and I get the benefit of an insulated oven now.

Comment

Ok. I'm back again...., LOL
                      I'm still very much wanting a WFO...,
                      But..... as our summers are short and things keep popping up that one has to address .... I actually haven't started yet.
                      Just wondering if anyone out there has suggestions on supplies or kits for southern Sask....?

Comment

Hi I haven't seen any kits locally. You can order kits from outdoorpizzaovens.ca . They sell FB kits.

As for suppliers see my post above from when you originally posted . Those suppliers are still good as far as I know.

Comment

Thanks for the post!
                          I had actually searched the net and saw that website that sells WFO....even shipping to Regina now! I'm about an hour out of Regina so that might be an option. I was thinking of contacting them.
                          Anyone out there have any experience with
                          pizzaovens.ca ?
                          Thanks!

Comment

Hello DeannaJPC.
                            We got our oven through Outdoor Pizza Ovens whose website page is pizzaovens.ca.
                            very good to deal with and had no issues.
                            We are on our second year and still working on pizzas. having a group of 40 this week so not sure how we will handle that. Oh well, all for fun!

Comment

Ok. Thanks for info.
                              Which oven did you get?

Comment

Working...
                              X