X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dineomite
    replied
    Re: My Pizza Oven Build in Cleveland, OH

I guess it all starts with a plan. With two giant (horribly located) ash trees sitting between mine and my neighbor's house, I knew they needed to come down before I could even think about drawing up any kind of plans.

In my mind I knew I wanted a fence around my lot so my dogs could run free while we were out on our new patio (cooking delicious wood-fired things). As it stands right now, there is no fence and with the number of dogs in our neighborhood they last about 10 minutes before darting off.

The trees and their roots sat squarely in the path of the fence location, this coupled with the fact that they clogged the hell out of my gutters and weren't getting any smaller.

So on April 11th, 2012 the trees came down at a cost of about $750! I thought that was a ridiculously good price for being so large and in such a precarious location.

With the trees gone, I could now focus on drawing up plans for the patio and the oven. As mentioned before, our city requires architectural review most anything that requires a footer.

Leave a comment:

• Dineomite
    replied

Actually, the suburb I live in requires it. Anything requiring a footer 42" below ground is going to draw scrutiny from the building inspectors. I also poured a slab for the adjoining patio as well. I'm pretty sure the City of Cleveland would never catch such a thing.

Leave a comment:

• deejayoh
    replied

Welcome! Can't help but ask. Cleveland requires architectural review for pizza oven?

Leave a comment:

replied

Hello Dineomite,

Thank you for wanting to share your journey with us. We look forward to reading what you post. Also, we wish you a happy and successful build. Happy Cooking!

Forno Bravo

Leave a comment:

• Dineomite
    started a topic My Pizza Oven Build in Cleveland, OH

My Pizza Oven Build in Cleveland, OH

This is a documentation of my journey through the pizza oven construction process. I've done a fair amount of research on talked to a lot of people that have also built ovens in their backyards. I'm very fascinated by the entire process.

Normally I wouldn't go to the trouble of writing all of this stuff down, but because others have taken the time to advise me, I feel obligated to add to the body of knowledge that already exists.

I'll kick this whole thing off retroactively by going back to May 2012 when I had to submit plans to my city's architectural review board.

Thanks for reading!
Working...
X