Care of oven in regards to rain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care of oven in regards to rain

We have had some rainy weather recently and I am curious to hear any one's rule of thumbs for re curing an oven after a heavy rain or non-use for a while. I have been firing my oven twice a week recently and don't want to ruin it by not recuring after everytime it rains.

Re: Care of oven in regards to rain

Every oven is different, but I find about three long fires, lower than pizza temp are sufficient. You don't need to go right back to the initial curing schedule. We live in the tropics and the oven gets pretty wet during the wet season. The inside of my door was going mouldy this year from being so wet. I have an igloo style and a hand held to the outside of the oven tells me if the interior of the oven is wet. ie. it is hot to the touch.
    Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Great. That soothes my concern quite a bit for using it right after showers or while it is sprinkling. I think that using it while it is raining could be beneficial, as the water just evaporates before it can penetrate the oven.

Comment

Hi Bravo,
        David S. is right. We recommend doing a mini cure if any rain gets into your oven. Three days is sufficient. Also, you can always cover your oven during winter.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Working...
        X