Garden State WFO Group ????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garden State WFO Group ????

Aren't we in the NorthEast of the USA? Just because I am near the Jersey Shore and go to SeaSide and SeaSide Park doesn't mean you have to fugettaboutit. Let's see some East Coast spirit.

Re: Garden State WFO Group ????

I think technically northeast ends at Greenwich CT. Mid-atlantic is such a non-location, though, and really, what do we have in common with Virginia?
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

That's too funny; thanks guys. I thought long and hard about about a Mid-Atlantic region -- my parents met at Falls Church, VA high school, all those years ago.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

New Jersey is in the Northeast. I am pretty sure the technical term for the Northeast is "New Jersey and those other states to the right of it on a map".

I think New England starts at Greenwich.
        http://cookinginmyyard.com

Comment

I am pretty sure the technical term for the Northeast is "New Jersey and those other states to the right of it on a map".
          Now watch: Pennsylvania will be lobbying for inclusion.
          My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

stopped off at Corrado's today to get some prices on cheeses. The Mozzarella curd looked very good at $2.49 per pound i think. can't wait to start boiling the water.

Comment

It has been a year since my last post. What's that all about? Getting ready to fire up this weekend. Sour dough pizza Friday night and artisan breads on Saturday.

Comment

We had a really good firing this weekend. Fired it up on Saturday, made 15 pizza's, 6 artisan breads, 4 boules, and 3 ciabattas, then cooked a turkey breast all on the same firing. Started at 9 am ended around 6:30 pm.

Comment

I am in NJ, any dealers selling medium duty firebrick? I am having a hard time finding it

Comment

Did you try Clayton Block? They have locations in Monmouth and Ocean Counties that I know. Last time I was in one of their brick yards picking up white portland and marble chips to make terrazzo I saw a few piles of them. That is where I got mine a few years ago.

Comment

We are firing up again this weekend. Last week we had a big party and made over 30 pizzas. The oven was still hot the next morning so we threw in some more wood for a short warm up, swept it out and baked the left over dough into a load of stromboli. Can't beat it for sure. Probably going to do that again after the rain on Saturday, I hope.

Comment

We are thinking of starting private lessons in operating a wood fired oven to include use of sour dough starter and home made mozzarella. Developing a hand's on approach and proper hand outs. We will be looking for our first group of classes to practice with and fine tune our program.

Comment

Working...
                        X