Building in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building in Texas

Well I might as well get the ball rolling here. I am planning on building my oven in The Woodlands Tx. Would love to be able to touch base with anyone in the area to discuss how to build, look at an ongoing or completed build and or get a little encouragement before I start my build!

Re: Building in Texas

Hi,

I'm in The Woodlands also. Give me a call 936-271-0250. I finished my oven last April. Here is a link to a slideshow of the building process. YouTube - My oven

Doug

Comment

gdest:

I am planning to build one shortly. I live in Kingwood but plan to build it at my lake house just outside of Coldspring (lake Livingston) Would love to talk to you.

Lee Bahr
      cellphone 281-543-3409

Comment

WOW! Nicely done, I am about half way done with my WFO although mine is a "Mini-me" version of yours. I should complete the dome closing this weekend. and shortly after the first curing fire. Can't wait...

Mike
        Pearland, TX

Comment

HI
          We are in the process of building, is anyone doing a side corner over?

Comment

Does anybody know how to build the Indispensable tool they talk about in the pompeii plans????

Comment

There are a number of variations you could do for this tool. What I did was to purchase a small lazy susan from home depot and secured it to the protective luan plywood on the floor. I then took a 2 x 2 stick and attached it to the lazy susan with a small hinge. The stick was cut to the proper length and at the other end of the stick I just screwed on a small right angle bracket.
              The advantage of this is it is easy quick and cheap. The disadvantage is if you take as long as I am taking to do my build this tool will not last, the lazy susan will start to seize up.
              If you understand the principle of what this tool is used for there are an infinite number of ways to approach this.

Comment

Hi i am in west houston lookin for a harbor freight wet saw. Can anybody lend ot to me or let me rent it?

Comment

Hello! We are just out side of Waco. We just scored a load of firebrick for a $1 a brick. We were able to get 200 standard size and 80 tiles to use on the floor. Can't wait to start cutting and laying everything out.
                  knowledge is contagious, spread the infection!!!

Comment

gdest-
                    I am located in Woodforest, North of the Woodlands. I am in the final stages of completing a FB Premio 40" precast installation. The flagstone facia will be installed as soon as it quits raining. I have had two curing fires to date. I am interested in networking with Houston area wood fired ovens owners and possibly doing some cooking and baking together.

Good luck with your build. This is my second oven, so if I can help you with your build don't hesitate to contact me.
                    RDL

Comment

That was four years ago, so I am sure he is finished. You might check out pizzamaking dot com for some Houston area WFO people, as you might guess there are a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X