Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We're to get building materials in Az

Hello my AZ friends- I live in Mesa,

I am finally going to start building the 42' in the yard the first week of April. I need to know the best places to get all my material.

In addition, i see a lit of different sizes for the foundation. If someone can provide me the the basic dimensions and depth that would be great.

Thanks for all your help and any additional advise would be great!

Re: We're to get building materials in Az

I would start with digesting the free Forno Brava pompeli plans. This document will give you all the basic info you will need to get started.
    Russell
    Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

I have those plans, buy wanted to do a one stop shop for all the materials.

Comment

Pacman-

As a 'zonie, Marvel will carry fire clay and the chimney liner. Fire brick - marvel or HD (Lowes is special order). You can get it via Phoenix Brick (7th ave and I-17). If you be wanting to not do your own brew - Phoenix Brick can get you the refractory cements. As foe Pearlite (around * a bag - north phoenix at a tree place. You may be able to get cast off vermiculite/pearlite in Chandler (cannot remember the name at this time.)

Here is the AZ Piazzolo's link:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/46/a...e-14922-2.html

If you would like - I have a 42" template that I can donate to your cause for a 42! Mind you, I have a pretty large opening to the world.

Just as a reminder - you will need to deal with all your build fast as the humidity is low and the temps increasing. Home brew (another thread) needs to be mixed in small quantities and used quickly. It sets up really fast and you can potentially waste a whole bunch. Also, wear heavy rubber gloves!

Chris

Be good!
        Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

I have a bag of vermiculate you can have for free. Or anyone for that matter.

Comment

Originally posted by j0ew1120 View Post
            When you say anyone, just who do you have?
            Id like Nichole Kidman, and/or Jennifer Hawkins.
            The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Originally posted by brickie in oz View Post
              When you say anyone, just who do you have?
              Id like Nichole Kidman, and/or Jennifer Hawkins.
              Al, call your wife to the computer. Right now, mate!

Comment

Originally posted by j0ew1120 View Post
                I will take you up on that offer, let me know when I can pick it up. In addition, any words of advise?

Comment

I have the next couple dsys off but I am in the hospital expecting my first born. I will shoot you a message when I get home.

Comment

Originally posted by pacman74 View Post
                    I will take you up on that offer, let me know when I can pick it up. In addition, any words of advise?
                    I'm free anytime before noon any day if you still want the vermiculite. I'm not a master builder but you can check out my oven while your here. I built it following some simple guidelines but without any plans.

PS: I also have some fire brick you are welcome to. Anything you take is less than what I have to store in my backyard until the end of time.
                    Last edited by j0ew1120; 03-22-2013, 05:46 PM.

Comment

I have a saw as well if you want to borrow! Let me know via email - clwest66 at gmail dot com and we can arrange! blade sucks from the last borrower.
                      Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

does anyone know were I can get ceramic fiber blanket for insulation. HD or Loews does not carry this in stock.

Comment

But,can they order it?

Comment

By Pacman74: does anyone know were I can get ceramic fiber blanket for insulation. HD or Loews does not carry this in stock.
                            By Laurentius: But, can they order it?
                            Lowes and HD primarily offer products for residential and lite commercial customers. They probably don't have a supplier for industrial insulation.

A quick search of for Arizona Industrial Insulation brings up one company PCG in Phoenix that installs it. I see a phone number on their page. Call them and see if they will sell some to you. Make sure that you explain what you want it for. They may bend a little, if they don't normally sell to the public. If not, they may be able to steer you on to someone who does.

Good luck
                            Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

Marjon Ceramics in Phoenix carries fiberboard and may have blanket. If not, McGill's warehouse in LA is a good mail-order source and is relatively inexpensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X