Chicken Wings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chicken Wings

Hello, newbie here, we have the Giardino 1-pizza oven, installed by a contractor. I've only been using it for about a month or so, so still lots to learn (but we're having a blast). We have had off and on success with pizzas (need practice). We tried the crab dip and it was a wonderful appetizer. Someone suggested chicken wings that would bake as the oven heated up. Would that work? Does anyone have a recipe and instructions on where to put them in the oven (deep, door...)? Thanks in advance. -- kathy

Re: Chicken Wings

I learned from pre-browning pizza sausage while the oven is heating up that there's a lot of heat just inside the door while the oven's heating up. A shallow cast iron pan works to cook most anything that needs top heat, like you'd get from a broiler.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Originally posted by dmun View Post
      I learned from pre-browning pizza sausage while the oven is heating up that there's a lot of heat just inside the door while the oven's heating up. A shallow cast iron pan works to cook most anything that needs top heat, like you'd get from a broiler.
      That's a good tip, I'll file it away
      Lee B.
      DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

first off you should carmalize onions olive oil sea salt pepper in a black cast iorn pan at about 700 deg. then do the wings. in pan oil salt pepper,when done in about 7-8 min put the onion on top put some parm.cheese on top and serv omg to die for the little kids think thier the best .what ever you can do in the house oven you can do in wfo. but at hotter temps and faster we do apple pie in black pan 450 deg 20min done ..

Comment

I regularly do chicken wings while the oven is heating up.

2nd photo: I did chicken thighs last night before pizza.
          Last edited by fxpose; 12-17-2010, 04:31 PM.
          George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

so good, see thats what im talking about. we do that too, Wegmans foods has a 10lb back of chicken 1/4's for 4.90 a bag .
            Last edited by sumu; 12-19-2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

That looks amazing! Is that a grill basket? And I see you are mostly in the doorway, right? How long do they take? THANKS!

Comment

Originally posted by KathyG View Post
                That looks amazing! Is that a grill basket? And I see you are mostly in the doorway, right? How long do they take? THANKS!
                Yes, it's a grill basket. And yes, you need to do this near the entry as the heat will be too intense and will char the wings in no time.
                It usually takes me about half an hour with frequent tossing and turning of the basket.
                George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

Working...
                X