TAPAS: Albondigas (meatballs)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TAPAS: Albondigas (meatballs)

Put meatballs in oiled dish, roast, turn periodically, add some sauce ...and eat!

I cut a couple of shallots which roasted with them for flavor. I love the roasted garlics, onions, fennel, etc.

I will use some more liquid (stock or wine) next time and/or cover near the end after they are roasted to keep them juicy. The sauce helps but they don't last long enough to rehydrate!

They shared the hearth with some rustic breadsticks.
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: TAPAS: Albondigas (meatballs)

Those look tasty. How hot did you have the oven at that point? Also, can you tell me about the ceramic dish you are using?
    Thanks,
    Drake
    My Oven Thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Drake, this was during baking of other things (meats and vegetables) so the oven was in the 350 to 450 degree range. I think you could do it in a hotter oven by watching over them and covering them at some point so they don't brown too much or dry out. Add a little liquid too. I think even in a hot pizza oven you could do things like this near the front.

These are a really basic terra cotta baking dish that's sold in all sorts of stores here. (Spain) They come in all shapes and sizes. The one here was a small round one about 10" but they go bigger than I can fit in the door, so we bought a large oval one for roasting meats and some rectangular ones too. Some are higher sides, some are covered. Then we found some really rustic handmade ones....getting to be a fettish.

Comment

Meatballs update....I added some wine during the cooking to keep moist.....and properly sauced this time.

Comment

Working...
        X