• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Capt
    replied
    Re: Salmon Poppers

Looks darn good!

What wood did you use for the salmon? The same?

I usually pear and cherry for my fish, oak-cherry and pear for beef and pork.

Leave a comment:

• Bec1208
    started a topic Salmon Poppers

Salmon Poppers

These were made on my Green Egg, my oven build is at its infancy. I made these today as part our weekly Friday wine and cheese get together with our neighbors. In addition a friend visiting from Tampa is making a caviar tart app (image 5).

For my contribution I used about 1/2 of a smoked salmon filet I had smoked and froze several weeks ago (image 1). I made a mixture of cream cheese, and shredded sharp cheddar cheese. I added some finely chopped onion, garlic powder, and smoked paprika, some horseradish, and a pinch of powdered chipotle pepper. I added the salmon witch i shredded by hand and gently folded into the mix. I filled the jalape?os which had been sliced in half with seeds and membranes removed (image 2) and sprinkled the poppers with panko bread crumbs (image 3). I started the grill with lump charcoal and a piece of oak and a piece of cherry wood. The fire ran hotter then I wanted and the cooking temp ended up averaging about 350 f (image 4). I ended up cooking them a little over an hour (image 5). Thumbs up all around.
Working...
X