X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GrahamG
    replied
    Re: Cooking Surface Clean?

Yes,these ovens are self cleaning, as long as you get them up to temperature.

Leave a comment:

• stonecutter
    replied

If ashes build up I have a natural fiber bush that I dip in a water bucket, then brush off the floor a couple times. Most of the time, the time the oven is running at a high temp and cleans itself.

Leave a comment:

• kkgator
    replied

Good question & great answers! I'll give it a try on my next trial run!

Leave a comment:

• Tscarborough
    replied

I don't even brush anymore, just a couple of slaps.

Leave a comment:

• SCChris
    replied

I do the metal peel slap method as well.

Chris

Leave a comment:

• Les
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck e View Post
    Im am wondering what the best procedure/technique is to insure my cooking surface once hot, is clean, enough for the first pizza. I tried last week with a brush only and the crust came out a bit "dusty".
    I have been told that they think the "ash dust" it what makes the pizza taste so good. I simply brush mine clean and call it good - never had any grit, just dust. I do swab the hearth before I bake, but that is to get some humidity more than anything else.

Leave a comment:

• Gulf
    replied

Originally posted by Chuck e View Post
    Im am wondering what the best procedure/technique is to insure my cooking surface once hot, is clean, enough for the first pizza. I tried last week with a brush only and the crust came out a bit "dusty".
    After raking and brushing your fire to the side, slap your metal peel on the floor a couple of times. That will get rid of the gritty stuff. The rest will go up the flu . But, it is all good . By the time you get up to pizza temps, everything in the oven is sanitized .

Leave a comment:

• Chuck e
    started a topic Cooking Surface Clean?

Cooking Surface Clean?

Working...
X