Christmas pizza party suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas pizza party suggestions

My wife and I are going to have a few close friends over for a Christmas WFO Pizza Party. We are trying to come up with a few appetizer/finger food things to serve along with the pizza. We like to have a casual non sit down style event but are having trouble coming up with a few other items to serve. They do not have to be WFO recipes.

Any input would be great.

Thanks

Re: Christmas pizza party suggestions

I always make devilled eggs because they can be made the day before and filled shortly before guests arrive. I have also done some lamb chops, cooked as a rack in the WFO as you are bringing it up to temp. 12 minutes, turning regularly, let rest, then cut into individual servings. Anyway, other folks have done stuffed mushrooms (again, make ahead and stick in the wfo right before serving), stuffed jalapeno peppers, and baked brie (too much cheese if serving with pizza). Good luck, I know you will think of just the right thing.

Comment

We have a pretty good collection of appetizer recipes on FB.com; I think I have made most (or all) of them. Check it out here; these are also on the FB CD ROM. A hot brick oven with coals (cooler than pizza heat) is the perfect appetizer machine:

Brick Oven Appetizers | Cook Appetizers in your Pizza Oven

This is a partial list:

Grilled Shrimp on Rosemary Skewers

Grilled Mushrooms

Grilled Eggplant

Seared Prawns

Toasted Almonds

Tomato, Basil, and Goat Cheese Tapas

Albondigas (Spanish Meatballs)

Cold Grilled Eggplant

Gambas Pil-Pil (Sizzling Prawns)
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Also, roasted garlic is always good - alone or with WFO bread. Cut the tops off the garlic, place in aluminum foil with 1Tbs of water. Heat at ~350 degrees F for +/- 30 minutes.

Comment

are Dave's mushrooms in there? Dead easy and the garlic and oil leftover might be the best part!

Christo
          My oven progress -
          http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/c...cina-1227.html
          sigpic

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Comment

Thanks for all the input!
              Happy Holidays to all!!!

Comment