Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Feta

Simple as can be:

Put a block of Feta cheese into a dish, drizzle with olive oil and fresh herbs, bake in the WFO until gooey. Serve with bread rounds.

This was amazing!
    "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Re: Baked Feta

I cant wait till spring.......i will definately do this one!

Comment

Looks very very nice!!!! Have you tried any other type of cheese??

Scott

Comment

Yes I've also done Manchego - coat in flour, egg, and panko first to get a crispy crust which contrasts nicely with the molten cheese.

Also I have taken some of the squares of smoked mozzarella (not the fresh looking stuff that comes in a ball, but the stuff thats in a shrink wrapped rectangle) and cubed it. Mix it with chopped garlic, chopped tomatoes, some fresh herbs and bake until it all comes together - a very nice hot dip/spread!
        "You better cut the pizza in four pieces because I'm not hungry enough to eat six."

-- Yogi Berra

Forno Tito

Comment

I just had a version of this at a restaurant recently. Feta, olive oil, olives, orange zest, served with some fresh bread. I'm definitely giving it a try next time we fire up the oven, and I think I'll use some of the marvelous blood-orange olive oil from the Queen Creek Olive Mill. The citrus paired really nicely with the other flavors.
          Nikki

Comment

Originally posted by JoeT62 View Post
            Simple as can be:

Put a block of Feta cheese into a dish, drizzle with olive oil and fresh herbs, bake in the WFO until gooey. Serve with bread rounds.

This was amazing!
            This time last year we were on Paros Is., Greece. We had the same dish. It also had a little onion and tomato. It was simply wrapped in al foil and baked in the oven. We ate it with olives and plenty of Greek beer- delicious.
            Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
            X