Pisto Manchego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pisto Manchego

We usually do a version of this dish in the Wood Oven that leaves the vegetables in pieces, but doing a puree of these vegetables for a dip or spread sounds really good!
    >>>>>>

This simple dish is a sort of pureed ratatouille, is found all over Spain on its own or accompanying meals (good with anything and everything).

Serves 4 to 6 as a tapa or side dish

4 ripe plum tomatoes
    2 small Japanese eggplants
    4 red bell peppers
    2 tablespoons olive oil plus ? cup
    2 red onions, not peeled
    Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Rub the tomatoes, eggplants, and peppers with the olive of oil and put them on a baking sheet, along with the onions. Roast in 375?F oven for about 45 minutes, or until very soft (the onions may take longer). Allow to cool for 10 minutes or more, then remove the skin from the tomatoes and peel the onions. (If roasting the eggplants, follow that recipe to remove burnt skins) Cut the eggplants in half and scoop out the flesh. Roughly chop all the vegetables, then pass through a food mill into a bowl. Stir in the remaining ? cup olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.

Serve on pan tostado (toasted bread).
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Re: Pisto Manchego

Excellent. That's a great recipe and it brings back some great memories. Thanks Jim.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

That looks so good I wish I had the ingredients right now... Do you have any more tapas- style recipes? I'd love to be able to do a whole bunch of them for a party this summer.

First I need to find those little casuela (?) dishes, though. I think they're sooo cool.
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Liz, check out the appetizer section of FB for some more tapa recipe's. (the tomato basil goat cheese and bake brie are favorites)

Also, Penelope Casas books, she has some great tapa recipe's and the best book on Paella

XJ
        sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

I'd seen the brie, but not the goat cheese. Oh that looks good. I'll check out the book too. Thanks!
          Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

Working...
          X