Baked Peaches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baked Peaches

Peaches are now coming into season and last winter I promised myself to try baked peaches in the forno.

4 peaches - ripe and juicy, cut them in half and remove the pit, place in baking dish cut side up.

Mix together some raisens, chopped walnuts, brown sugar, maybe some soft butter (optional) and pack into the peach halves.

Add a splash of dark rum to each peach (rum is never optional)

Top the peaches with a mix of oatmeal, brown sugar, soft butter (like you would for an apple chrisp).

Add some water or maybe a little pineapple juice and rum to the bottom of the baking dish for moisture.

Bake in the forno for about 1/2 an hour after you've done with the pizzas.

Serve with a little vanilla ice cream drizzled with some balsamic vinegar reduction and you are there!

Ohh baby, should have taken some pictures.

Re: Baked Peaches

Another one, place the halved peaches (- the stone) cut side up, fill the hole with honey, cook until soft and serve with either natural yogurt or icecream....

Comment

I baked only apples, I didn’t know that it could be done with peaches, thanks!

Comment

I approved your posts but you are responding to really old post where the member may or may not be active. If you are interested in cooking outside pizzas, look at Karangi Dudes thread on cooking.
        Russell
        Google Photo Album [https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...JneXVXc3hVNHd3/]

Comment

Working...
        X