Dessert Pizza - Bananas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert Pizza - Bananas

A favorite dessert pizza with my family and friends is one I made up using a caramel sauce, bananas, and chopped pecans. It is very simple. Spread caramel sauce thinly (I have used a caramel-pear sauce from Target - the Archer Farms label - although I haven't been able to find it recently) over the dough. Place banana slices on next. I slice them about 1/4" thick or so. Then chop some pecans, and sprinkle those on top of the banana slices. Sometimes, I'll drizzle a little more caramel sauce on top, but it probably isn't necessary. Just bake the pizza in a normal fashion. When the dough is done, the toppings will be perfect.

The caramel sauce does become runny, so leave a little room around the edge of the pizza when you spread it.

Re: Dessert Pizza - Bananas

Sounds tasty! When we do dessert pizzas, we tend to bake the crust and let it cool, put the toppings on then back into the oven to heat it all up. This helps prevent the ultra runniness of some substances (caramel being one of them)

I love dessert!
    My oven (for now):
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

Any thing with carmel... I am in. I recently saw one with red berries and nuts that also sounded really good.

Comment

Tman1
        Thanks for the tip. Depending on the topping, baking the crust first sounds like a good idea. It is fun to surprise guests with a dessert pizza. It usually is there first experience with that type of pizza.

Comment

I take a leftover dough ball and shape it like a loaf of bread. I also make it thicker than a regular pizza. I cook it then slice it in 1/2 long ways. I spread nutella and place bananas and strawberries on top and put back in the oven to just melt the nutella. Cut up and sprinkle powdered sugar over it. Yummy!!

Comment

mm sounds too tasty, I would definitely do it for my friends, when we will gather in my property in Spain here, I am sure they will like it, thanks!
            Last edited by tuty; 08-08-2020, 06:22 AM.

Comment

I know a very easy and tasty dessert with bananas. You need to cut the inner side of the banana from the bottom to the top, but not through the whole banana. Put inside some chocolate. Wrap the 'boat' around with a foil and grill it for 10 min. The dessert is ready, and you can eat it with a spoon.
              Never follow anyone else’s path. Unless you’re in the woods and you’re lost and you see a path. Then by all means follow that path!

Comment

Working...
              X