Strawberry and Chocolate Pizza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strawberry and Chocolate Pizza

First, I need to appologize that I do not have pictures - the pizza was inhaled right after cooking.

My son grabbed a ball of dough and pressed it out. Placed some strawberry preserves on it like sauce and then cooked it. After cooking, he covered the top liberally with chocolate shavings - approx 1 standard hershey's bar and allowed to melt from the residual heat. Then sliced up and served.

Will append the post with pics from next weeks firing.
    Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Re: Strawberry and Chocolate Pizza

no pictures??? awwwww!!!

sounds amazing though!

Comment

Our favorite is a partially cooked crust (just until it's set enough) spread with Nutella, with sliced strawberries on top and sprinkled with turbinado sugar. Then back in it goes until the sugar caramelizes a little.

I usually have to save several dough balls for this one or I get complaints!
      Elizabeth

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/e...html#post41545

Comment

I usually par-bake my dessert pizzas too. Sounds tasty!
        My oven (for now):
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f43/...ven-14269.html

Comment

I usually par bake if the pizza is done in the oven. I am still experimenting with the WFO and desert pizzas. If I were to do the nutella (one of the staples in my house) then par baking would be manditory so as to not tear the crust. My 18 Year old has requested pizza for his friends, so I see more dessert pizzas in the future. Actually, I am scared as I have seen those boys eat! A triple batch of dough may just do it!
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

Working...
          X