Pizza with chocolate spread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza with chocolate spread

Frances, it will be fine. Not much to prepare for at this time. Still have 2 weeks.
    An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

we just did what I consider to be our best dessert pizza about 30 minutes ago to rave reviews.
      mascarpone done in small dollops around a dough with then carmel and chocolate sauce drizzeled over and then topped with chopped pecans. I cooked for probably 2.5 minutes at about 650 or so..the oven was on its way down after doing many pizzas.
      It was fantastic!

Comment

The other night we did a desert pizza with chocolate, Nutella, and strawberries. Wow, I thought I was full from pizza until I found more room for the delicious desert.
        An excellent pizza is shared with the ones you love!

Acoma's Tuscan:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/a...scan-2862.html

Comment

ive never heard about chocolate pizza...im so lucky that i got a good cook(my wife...lol)...i'll give the recipe to her she will make for me...i'll back to this page to give the review of chocolate pizza......
          Chris Lee

Comment

pizza with chocolate...i never had it friedns.....thanks for introducing it to me...i'll try today
            Chris Lee

Comment

Gotta say thanks for these ideas.
              I did our very first WFO event on Sunday...16 dough blobs got pizza-fied, and IIRC, there was exactly 3/8 of one pie in leftovers between 6 adults and 4 kids so I'm gonna go ahead an call it a success.
              On the dessert skins I did a Nutella/banana/caramel sauce/toasted pecan that was particularly amazing, and a homemade raspberry freezer jam/mascarpone/brown sugar that my guests tasted like the Pop Tart of their dreams.

Comment

We tried this tonight--WOW, so good! It looked questionable, kind of like beef of some sort. We had to convince people to eat it. But everyone was a convert from the first bite.

I also made one spread with melted butter, mascarpone, thinly sliced pears, and honey. Absolutely delicious, but kind of wet with the fresh pears. They released a lot of water. Maybe canned would work better?

We also tried making pizookies, with mixed success. We made oatmeal chocolate chip, peanut butter, and white chocolate pistachio. The oven was still pretty hot, so we got some burnt tops that we had to peel off the first time we tried. It was better in the entrance to the oven, rotated a few times. I think we need a thinner layer of dough, and we'll have the dessert perfected. No more than an inch thick, I'd venture. For those of you unfamiliar with the pizookie, it's an underbaked cookie made in a large dish, gooey and hot and delicious, topped with vanilla ice cream.
                Nikki

Comment

I had never heard of nutella, till my daughters boyfriend told me (he lived in italy for 10 years) This stuff is almost better than sliced bread,, Our favorite, We flatten out a dough, spread the center with nutella, one side peanut butter the other Fluff,,, Fold over to the middle and bake,, LET COOL man that stuff can get HOT inside,,,, Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve...
                  Last edited by ThisOldGarageNJ; 08-16-2010, 05:48 PM.

Comment

Your little turnover looks great!
                    We just made dessert pizzas tonight...

I used Frances' idea from the first post in this thread - Nutella, Mascarpone, brown sugar. WOW. It was really good.

One question I have... How do you spread the Nutella? It's spreadable on bread but a little stiff for pizza dough. I sort of dolloped it on. Can you heat it up first?

We also did one with Mascarpone, Smuckers hot fudge topping, Smuckers caramel topping and chopped mixed nuts... Sinful!
                    Ken H. - Kentucky
                    42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                    Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Originally posted by Modthyrth View Post

I also made one spread with melted butter, mascarpone, thinly sliced pears, and honey. Absolutely delicious, but kind of wet with the fresh pears. They released a lot of water. Maybe canned would work better?

Canned will probably be worse. Most fruits are canned in syrup, water or juice. You might try baking them first. Slice 'em up and give them a couple minutes in the oven at 350F - you'll have to figure out the WF oven time yourself. I'd guess that would be closer to a broiler so it shouldn't take nearly as long. You could sprinkle them with brown sugar before baking as well. That should dry them out enough to keep them from weeping on the pizza.
                      "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose." - Jim Elliot

"Success isn't permanent and failure isn't fatal." -Mike Ditka
                      [/CENTER]

Comment

We also did one with Mascarpone, Smuckers hot fudge topping, Smuckers caramel topping and chopped mixed nuts... Sinful!
                        think I gained three pounds reading that

I just drop globs of nutella on, then spread it with a rubber spatula, It seems to work well enough,,,,

Comment

One of our last pizza parties before school started...the kids wanted a 'smores' pizza...very basic and classic smores...broken up Hershey bar, marshmallow and broken up graham crackers. It was a hit.
                          Great pizza, a cold beer,a great cigar and great friends...my idea of a great time

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
                            One of our last pizza parties before school started...the kids wanted a 'smores' pizza...very basic and classic smores...broken up Hershey bar, marshmallow and broken up graham crackers. It was a hit.
                            Brilliant (and easy). Next pizza bake!!
                            Ken H. - Kentucky
                            42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                            Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Working...
                            X