Stone Fuits - sensational

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stone Fuits - sensational

Well after a magnificent pizza party for 12 adults and a few kids (sorry no pizza photo's too busy). We made a simple and absolutely delicious desert.

We cut up a pile of stone fruits (plums, nectarines, peaches) and added some quarters figs from our tree. The are in season now and what we don't eat ripe from the tree the fruit bat's get!

Tossed the fruit in brown sugar and then placed in a heavy shallow dish and baked on 350C until soft and caramelized on top. Served with double cream.

I hate to say it but it was better then pizza.

Not too heavy after all the pizza and wine - really easy and great

Re: Stone Fuits - sensational

What, no apricots? Great idea for a dessert. Figs, I can do without. I love fig newtons, but I had a fig tree in the yard as a kid. We used to take the ripe fruit and throw it at each other until we were covered in goo. Never liked 'em since.
    GJBingham
    -----------------------------------
    Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Great dessert talisker...............simple and a fine way to finish a WFO meal.

Comment

We have a little differant variation. Any fruit can be used. Make the same way, but add a couple of tbsp of curry of your choice. We usely use a pretty mild curry.

Mannextdoor

Comment

wow!

curry powder or a paste?

I was also told to add cognac but I'm too tight to share it

Comment

Originally posted by talisker63 View Post
            wow!

curry powder or a paste?

I was also told to add cognac but I'm too tight to share it
            We use about a tbsp of mild curry powder, per 3 cups of fruit. The cognac sounds good too.

Mannextdoor

Comment

Happy

bump and lurkIt was the silliest incident that brought Nannette into my life.buy wow gold, I had been in my local supermarket and spent more than I should. When I reached the checkout girl I remarked, wow gold jokingly, that my money was all gone after I had paid for all the articles. On my way out through the main doors a girl suddenly appeared and asked me, wow gold that if I was really short of cash, she was willing to lend me some maple story mesos, in order for me to get home. I was very surprised and she was a rather attractive looking girl maple story mesos. Now, as it was hardly an everyday experience, maple story mesos having a gorgeous girl appear out of thin air and offer me money. maple story gold ,maple story power leveling

Comment

Working...
              X