Dessert Pizza with Mascarpone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dessert Pizza with Mascarpone

Here is the recipe for the Dessert Pizza we made at 10 Speed Press.

Dessert Pizza Dough (four dough ball, for up to 16 desserts)
    500gr Caputo pizza flour
    300gr water (60% hydration)
    1 tbl EVOO
    1 tsp salt
    2 tsp yeast
    rind of one lemon

The lemon gives the dough a nice, tangy flavor that comes through on the dessert.

Make you dough as you would a pizza dough, then shape four dough balls.

Mascarpone
    Pine nuts
    EVOO
    Powdered sugar
    Creme fraiche
    Fresh fruit

Shape the dough balls into 6"-7" bases, with finger impressions. Keep them thick, like a fat little focaccia.

Cover with EVO, then top with 6-8 dollops of Mascarpone. You don't have to spead them out. Top that with 2 tablespoons of pine nuts.

Make in an oven that has fallen from high pizza heat. Around 600F.

Quarter or halve the pizza, then top with creme fraiche and powdered sugar. Then the fresh fruit.

It's almost like a bread pudding below the fruit and cream. The fruit isn't cooked, and stays fresh. The dish got great reviews from a real "foodie" crowd, so give it a try.

Photos below.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

James

I can't believe how good that looks to me. I think I'd eat a bale of hay if it had creme fraich on it! I can't wait to try that one in my oven. Only about 2-3 weeks away, I hope...
    Mike
    "The road of excess leads to the Palace of Wisdom."

Comment

In the recipe above - the rind of one lemon...did he do it as lemon zest? I can't imagine he just peeled a lemon and threw it in the mixer...that may get a little chewy.

Comment

Hey Jay,

I can picture this being your signature dessert. You'll be a famous pizza magnate, and we will remember the day when we first made the dish.

Yes, it was the zest. Just enough of a hint of lemon to be very flavorful. Peter threw the leftover lemons in the dough as it rose and rested. We ran out of lemon dough and made a few dessert pizzas with regular dough, and it really wasn't as nice.

I've heard back from the 10 Speed folks already a couple of times this week, and they say there is still a pizza buzz around the offices. Cool. There may be an onsite brick oven in their future.
        James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Re: Dessert Pizza with Mascarpone

I've made this dessert a couple of times and everyone loves it...a few variations:

Sprinkle the marscapone with brown sugar before putting in the oven - nice caremlization and very good.

Also - take an 8 oz container of marscapone and add 2tsp sugar, 1tsp lemon zest, and the seeds of one vanilla bean (split bean lengthwise and scrape seeds into cheese). Blend ingredients together with a fork and let chill. Then spread it on the dough before putting in the oven...

Jay

Comment

Working...
          X