Rib Rack ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rib Rack ?

I spotted this on a TV cooking show. It looks great. If you put a cookie sheet under it you could slide 4 full ribs into the WFO. The show I saw it on cooked 4 racks of ribs in a small weber. Does anyone own or use one of these ? Any tips or comments ?

NON-STICK ULTIMATE RIB RACK
    Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Re: Rib Rack ?

Yes, I have one that is very simular. I use mine when I do my ribs in my oven. I put the ribs in the rack when I cook them on high heat for 1/2 hr then transfer them to the big tray filled with the marinade. The rack works well as it allows the fat to drip away and when the juice hits the hot bricks, adds a great smell to the oven. I have added a pic of my rack with the uncooked ribs.

Hope this helps,
    Scott

Comment

I've used a rib rack too, even with a single slab, as both sides of the slab are exposed to the dome heat for even cooking. I otherwise have to flip the slab when I lay it flat on a shallow baking pan. I do ribs in the wfo, low and slow, at 250F.
      In fact, today I'm doing 2 slabs of bison back ribs. Never had bison before so I'm curious to see how they turn out.

Here's a photo of a recent cook using the rib rack. Those are two baby backs and two beef back ribs.
      Last edited by fxpose; 08-26-2010, 10:56 AM.
      George

My 34" WFO build

Weber 22-OTG / Ugly Drum Smoker / 34" WFO

Comment

You guys are killing me here. I stuck at work and just the pictures are making me drool I guess I'll add this to my "must have" list.

Bruce
        Sharpei Diem.....Seize the wrinkle dog

Comment

I use a cake rack over a large baking pan. Usually fill the baking pan with diced poatoes coated in olive oil and rosemary. A little fat from the ribs drips down onto the potatoes. When the ribs are done so are the potatoes.
          Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

Working...
          X