Happy Thanksgiving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Thanksgiving

I wasn't sure where to put this post; but i figured the cooking forum would be the best place. A happy and safe Thanksgiving to everyone........

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Enjoy the day, friends and family. If you are firing your oven today, either for appetizers or your turkey -- let us know how it goes.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Happy Thanksgiving, too.

I have cooked in my Casa 110 less than a dozen times, and each was more enjoyable than the last. Today we had almost the entire side of my wife?s family over, just short one niece and her new husband. So it was turkey dinner for 25.

I was not brave enough to try a turkey in the oven, so it was pizza appetizers for all. Then we deep fried one turkey and rotisseried a second one. We thought about a desert pizza or two, but everyone was too full.

I must give my favorite nephew named Andrew credit for pushing me over the edge and getting me interested in having my own wood burning oven. Last summer, he built an authentic wood burning mud oven and it is still going strong.

J W

Comment

Hi All

I baked in the oven on Thanksgiving instead of roasting...

I made two loaves of Sourdough, two of Olive sourdough (with kalamata and oil cured olives. My mother in law made a wheat bread as well (I managed to burn her bread, whoops...). Then for dinner I made some really delicious white bread rolls. We also put the sweet potatoes and dressing in the oven as well. Overall it made an excellent Thanksgiving accessory, even if I did not cook the bird in it.

Drake
        My Oven Thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Working...
        X