Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peel size recommendation

Hi, can anyone reccomend a peel size for the
    Giardino70? I have a 12x14 already. But just want to know if I could go a little bigger say 14x16? How would that work with a oven opening if 14"?? To tight?

Re: Peel size recommendation

Giardino70? I have a 12x14 already. But just want to know if I could go a little bigger say 14x16? How would that work with a oven opening if 16"?? To tight?

Comment

If you have a 70cm oven (27 1/2") my guess is that a 14 inch wide peel is going to hit the fire even if you can get it through the entrance.

Remember, the big peel is only for placing the pizza. Turning it and removing it is done with the little turning peel.
      My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Yeah, Thats what i was thinking.But not sure really. I have a turning peel

Comment

But at 14" thats half the size of the oven floor and i dont think the fire will be on all the other half.

Not sure,but ive never had or done pizza in a WFO. But from videos ive seen, i didnt see the fire take up half the primavera 70 oven, but i may be mistaken?

Comment

Originally posted by rossano View Post
            Giardino70? I have a 12x14 already. But just want to know if I could go a little bigger say 14x16? How would that work with a oven opening if 14"?? To tight?
            It seems that you would be well advised to hold off and try the peel you already have before complicating your life with the return of an unnecessary or incorrectly sized peel.
            Lee B.
            DFW area, Texas, USA

If you are thinking about building a brick oven, my advice is Here.

I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up.

Comment

I have used both a 12" and 14" peel, and like the smaller one hands down. Easier to manage through the hearth.

Comment

For pizza, use the large wooden peels to make and place the pizza. Use a smaller (8-10 inch diameter) to rotate, lift and remove pizza.

The smaller peel is also useful to maneuvering pots and pans inside the oven.

Comment

I find the 25 cm one works great for turning and removing pizzas. A wooden plywood board is perfect for adding pizzas to the oven.
                  / Rossco

Comment

Working...
                  X