Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best Kitchen Aid mixer attachment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats the best Kitchen Aid mixer attachment?

Originally posted by Richard View Post
    Jim,

I have a modular oven from a forno bravo competitor (mugnaini) their Medio 110 a 43 inch diameter wood buring oven.

This forum and web site though is better designed and clearly more informative, with active member postings.
    They make a fine oven, one of the ones that I was considering. Then, one day while in northern California, I decided to pop in on James. We spend a couple of hours talking about ovens and wood fired cooking and I came away having made a decission to by an FB.

Finding this forum is icing on the cake. You couldn't fine a more friendly and helpful group anywherre.

Every time James talks about firing up his oven at Maryu G's I want to catch a plane and get some fresh bread.

J W

Comment

JW,

The second annual Mary G's Artisan Breads open house party and bash will be held on the third weekend in May. By then, Ontario should be out of the deep freeze, and you're certainly welcome here. Same for all other members.
      You could take the chance to have a look around Toronto.

Jim
      "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

On a semi whim we took Jim up on his grand opening last year. Bring bug spray, the mosquitoes will carry off small children. Eat LOTS of garlic. All I can say is YUMMM. Worth the trip. It is relatively easy to get out to the back bush of Prince Albert. Some interesting history there too. If there is a Doctor in the house they may know why this tiny town has some notoriety. As Jim has stated before he is North and East of the city. There are beautiful rolling hills on the way out so try to plan on a day drive. Looks like we will have to get our hotel reservations in soon.

If you are a Hockey fiend then you must visit the Hockey Hall of Fame. This year we plan on hitting the Shoe Museum. We decided last year to not have to contend with parking in a major city so we parked our rental car at a mall on the outskirts of town and took a light rail train in. Very easy. Depending on traffic it can be a bit of a pain getting out of Toronto. We didn’t have trouble getting out of town, it was getting back to catch the plane. We heard there was a major traffic jam getting into town as the rail and bus folks decided to strike! So we stayed north of the city and had a very nice scenic drive. Then when we were North of the airport we took a road south and bingo missed all the traffic. Plan for some traffic as the 3rd weekend in May includes a Canadian Holiday.

As things get closer I will put out some info in the chit chat section. There is lots of stuff on the web too.

Comment

Hey, Patrick,

If you think mosquitoes are big in Ontario (we call them gators), take a trip to the Yukon Territory some day. There, they have four engines, and you can hear one coming a mile off.

Jim
          "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Comment

Working...
          X