No announcement yet.

A question for all bakers out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A question for all bakers out there?

Hi John.
    Ive given the mixer a but of a go, yesterday with 1.5Kgs of flour and today with 1Kg, its supposed to be good for 2.5 Kgs and I have no doubt it would handle it with ease.
    The bowl is bucket sized at 10 litres and locks into place with 2 clamps, the guard slides out of the way and stops the machine in doing so.

This thing is a beast and it very gently kneads the dough, Im thinking it kneads better and at a slower speed than the KA.

When I was using the KA for pizza party dough I would have to make 4 or 5 batches, now Ill just have to make 2.
    Last edited by brickie in oz; 01-12-2012, 05:52 PM.
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

Nice, Al. Sounds like a 10L size would work out nicely (instead of the 20L). Gonna start saving my pennies...!

Comment

me two looks good

I ve just got my kenwood a bit hot today
        2 pizzas, 2 ciabattas and a sour dough loaf.

I just got some bannetons in the mail and got excited

Comment

This works really well

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-Universa.../dp/B001V5XZGO

Comment

SCChris :" I should also add that KA does not have this hook available for my 30 year old K5 stand mixer so I know it is only ok for some newer models. "
            I use a spiral on my 30 yr old KA5 with no problems (the K6 spiral will fit just fine). I do keep the speed down with most doughs and monitor the units temp by hand. It gets warm occasionally, but still keeps rolling. It doesn't let the dough climb like the C hook. That said, I've been trying my hands, literally, at hand mixing too after reading Tartine. Not quite the 20 lbs Jay is talking about , but 6-8.

Comment

Working...
            X