chinese dough mixers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chinese dough mixers

Ok , so I was intrigued by the $600 AU dough mixer [ I've wedged way too much clay over the years ] started a search and found the Wellquip bb10a but in Australia .. does anyone know of a N.American [preff.Canadian] distributer?

Re: chinese dough mixers

Spiral mixer are great (the bowl rotates as well)

what sort of amount of dough are you likely to want to make?

it seem am awkward size too small for commercial and too big for domestic.

Comment

fornax hominus
      there is nothing wrong with the Chinese commercial mixers, I have one 10l and another bigger Hobart 20l mixers.
      It all depends on how much dough you want to mix, the most I have made in a single mix was for 60 odd pizzas, 5Kg flour with a 63% hydration.
      Either mixer handles this quantity with ease.
      I am sure that the smaller chinese units would be imported into the States at a much more competitive rate than the Hobart range.
      There are numerous threads that feature commercial mixers and mine is included with pictures.

petanque,
      I just noticed a new name to add to my ever growing list of Aussies and especially those from Adelaide. Welcome to this forum.
      Where abouts in this fine city do you reside?

Cheers

Neill
      Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
      Neill’s kitchen underway
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Originally posted by petanque View Post
        it seem am awkward size too small for commercial and too big for domestic.
        But just right for a pizza night.
        The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

I just bought a mixer myself. Two things were important, cost was one and availability to get parts or repairs if anything went wrong. I could not find parts or repair shops for the China models. So I steered clear of them even though the the cost was low. I ended up getting a great deal on a used Univex. Some thoughts you may want to consider.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback , I find parts for all appliances hard to get , I have 2 old Gaggia espresso machines just for parts to keep the one going.
            I make bread every week for the last 8 years , usually 5-6 loaves, half of the time no recipe.. other than start out with 5 cups water . so I don't know what the flour weighs.. this amount I find fills my 10l stock pot when risen , so I need at least a 5l mixer and the 10l seemed to give me room to grow and possibly not overwork the machine.
            tim

Comment

I always search for parts before I buy any machine. Univex is made in the USA and I have a full parts list with diagrams. If I can find parts just on a Google search then I don't need to have spare machines for parts. Just my thoughts

Comment

Working...
              X