dough press

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dough press

Has anyone ever bought and tried a automatic press? I use the dough recipe in the ebook download. I was thinking it would be nice to have a heated press to flatten out the dough for large parties or when my wife was feeling lazy

Re: dough press

I figured most people we have over for pizza would not know the difference if i flatten dough by hand or used a machine. I was hoping someone had used one and could tell me if they could tell difference.
    I am not sure on what heated part does i think maybe you could use cold dough?

Comment

at $600 and up, I doubt I'll ever use one....

Comment

They are expensive, that is why I thought I better ask questions first. I wonder if the wood fired dough is to sticky to use on one?

Comment

The heated dough presses are used by some pizza joints to par-bake the crusts to a uniform size. Then all theys gotta do is slap a few toppings on and chuck it on the deck. For them, speed-not quality rules.
          Jen-Aire 5 burner propane grill/Char Broil Smoker

Follow my build Chris' WFO

Comment

I have a mobile pizza oven and I cater events. I am about to spend 1000 big ones on a Dough Pro 1100 because i have lost out on business for not being able to make pizza fast enough. Also to make sure the pizza dough is at the perfect state to roll out by hand is way too hard. I am either freezing my dough or its too sticky and soft or im having to make it fresh right when they order and again i run into losing out on business for not producing fact enough. If anyone has a better solution to my problem please reply. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by lane View Post
              "when my wife was feeling lazy"
              Lane,

You are a brave, brave man in the age of the internet and political correctness.

Comment

what do you mean?

Comment

If you search for "dough press" on Pizza Making Quarterly's site (three-letter URL, you can guess what it is), you'll get about 1200 hits. They're commercial pizza in general; I think we're mostly enthusiasts content to make a dozen or so at a whack (while drinking!).

Comment

Working...
                  X