My Primavera Exploded

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Primavera Exploded

After about a 3 month hiatus, I fired my Primavera oven I've had since 2009 to make the family some pizzas. I fired it up as usual, with 4 sticks of oak. I let the oven burn for about 2 hours before cooking. About an hour an a half later, we heard an explosion. I ran out to try to figure out what i was, and then I saw the front left tile in my ash bucket! The cement underneath had spalled, and I guess maybe water had gotten under it? I have no idea. I took a pair of oven mitts and got it into place to be able to cook.

Any ideas what caused this? How about tips on repairing? Just leave the tile loose? It site pretty level.

Re: My Primavera Exploded

Moisture for sure. It it is level enough to use, leave it alone. I would suggest a cover for when not in use.

Comment

Re: My Primavera Exploded

Hi Nikko,

I am so sorry to hear about your unfortunate issue :-(. I have to agree with Tscarborough on this one. It was definitely moisture that caused this blow out. Since your cooking surface is still level enough to cook on I would leave it loose. If it does start to become uneven I would recommend placing sand under the tile to level it with the other cooking tiles. Your best bet on keeping moisture out or away from your oven is to cover it. If you have not used your oven in sometime and you feel moisture has gotten into... I would suggest that you do a mini cure.

Amber@FornoBravo

Comment

Working...
      X