Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lamb and pulled pork - what temp to cook?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lamb and pulled pork - what temp to cook?

For Easter Sunday I intend on cooking some pork low and slow over night on Saturday as well as a leg of lamb.

Just wanted peoples insight on which is best for the lamb? Low and slow say 110C for 12 hours? Or in at say 250C for 4 hours??

The reason is I also intend on doing a beer can chicken as well as the veggies and the dauphinour potatoes as well just before lunch. So that is a 2 hour cook.
    Where can I find logs? I need more!
    Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Re: Lamb and pulled pork - what temp to cook?

Originally posted by GrahamG View Post
    So that is a 2 hour cook.
    You look surprised, cant your oven do it?
    The English language was invented by people who couldnt spell.

My Build.

Books.

Comment

We don't have an oven mate!

We are doing a barn conversion Renovation of Flint House Barn kitchen is not finished been using a small microwave for everyday meals and using the outdoor pizza oven for weekend cooking.

Not surprised though, clicked on wrong icon....
      Finishing the WFO will come after the barn is completed http://flinthousebarn.co.uk/

Comment

Cook times always relates to the size of the meat you cook. This chart is from a smoking web site but the low and slow temps should be fairly close. I have found it handy.

Smoking Times and Temperatures Chart for Beef, Pork & Poultry.

I think your being kind with the word "renovation" looks more like a rebuild. Eating from a microwave...been there...done that.

Comment

Thanks, much appreciated

Yes mid life crisis we think...moved 200 miles to do the build, kids changed schools and I sold a successful business to start another business that has gone crazy busy, taking me to almost every state in America!

Thanks for the chart.

G

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
          Cook times always relates to the size of the meat you cook. This chart is from a smoking web site but the low and slow temps should be fairly close. I have found it handy.

Smoking Times and Temperatures Chart for Beef, Pork & Poultry.

I think your being kind with the word "renovation" looks more like a rebuild. Eating from a microwave...been there...done that.

Comment

Working...
          X