A Question about Fours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Question about Fours

I am getting ready to buy another sack of Caputo 00. I started doing a search about different flours and saw the General Milling 00. Then I saw a thread about another type of Caputo... Russo (spelling?).

I am happy enough with the blue sack of Caputo however I was wondering what other folks were using. It seems like some folks are buying the smaller sacks of caputo in the red bag. Is that a differnet type of caputo?... I don't think so since it has the pizza on the label.

Thanks for any additional info to add to my confusion

Loren

Re: A Question about Fours

Oooops, that should have been Flours in the title!!

Comment

My understanding is that the blue and red bags of Caputo are slightly different. One or the other of them holds up better to extended cold fermentation (i.e., keeping dough in the refrigerator several days). The restaurant distributor I bought my flour from thought it was the red bag, so that's what I have, but I'm not sure they actually knew one way or the other. The stuff in the red bag does seem to work pretty well!
      My build: http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/3...-dc-18213.html

Comment

Re: A Question about Flours

I may buy a few of the red bags if they are different just to try them. Maybe I will call the Forno Bravo store to see what they have to say about the red vs the blue...

Loren

Comment

In the large commercial bags the red bag is a slightly stronger flour that is made for extended fermentation. The small red retail bags of "chef's flour" are the same as the blue commercial bags of pizzeria flour.

Comment

I have never seen a large sack of the red flour. I get it about the blue and reds... same stuff. I guess my only option is to buy a large sack of blue. Still no one chimed in about General Milling.

Caputo is nice stuff, just wanted to try another type or option. I'll keep my ears peeled.

Thanks!

Loren

Comment

Working...
            X