Salmon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Salmon

I'm still trying to cook all sorts of things in my new WFO. I was making pizzas and thought I'd make one with some salmon which would give me a reason to bake some salmon first.

Now, I knew going in, this would be a dance because I was fired up for pizza - not salmon. So, it was going to be a bit more interactive moving the salmon around to make sure it cooked and didn't burn. I think I did pretty well.

I threw a soaked cedar plank onto a tray to catch anything that would drip off the salmon. I drizzled the salmon with olive oil and lemon juice and then seasoned it with sea salt and pepper.

Into the oven it went. I didn't keep track of time, but as said above, I just kept pulling the tray out - turning it and putting it back in. I pulled it out and left it in the door for a while and then pushed it back into the oven - watching to make sure it didn't burn.

The wood started to burn - which was fine, but I monitored that as well.

Toward the end, I cut some thick slices of lemon and placed them on top of the fish. I was hoping that this would allow it to stay a little longer and make sure the inside was cooked through. I didn't want to over cook it because some of it was destined for a pizza.

Success!

The pizza was made with some Ricotta, sliced cherry tomatoes, chopped basil and Salmon. When the pizza came out, I drizzled some Lemon Garlic Aioli Sauce on the top.

Pretty nice!

This ended up on a pizza, but I want to know of any other techniques you all use for fish. Maybe I'll try firing up the oven for fish only next time and not run it all the way up to pizza temps...
    Last edited by Brad English; 09-25-2013, 08:02 AM.

Re: Salmon

Your Salmon Looks GREAT! I think high pizza temps are the way to go with regards to slamon. I had salmon cooked in my house oven the other night and was thinking WOW this just doesn't compare to the WFO. I've been spoiled by my WFO. Here's a link where we talked about salmon at high temps:

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f25/...tes-19120.html

Comment

okn,

Thanks for the response. Doing this at a high temp worked out great actually. I'll check out the link.

Here's a picture of the cedar plank covered in salmon oil after I finished and threw it in the fire to be consumed itself. I thought this was a cool picture!

Last edited by Brad English; 09-25-2013, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Salmon looks great Brad! Salmon is my wife's favorite fish. I prefer grouper or mahi myself. Waiting to play with my oven more. Keep up the great ideas & shots!

Comment

Pictures are gone for me...I can't see....oh no.....

Comment

Originally posted by Faith In Virginia View Post
            Pictures are gone for me...I can't see....oh no.....
            Sorry! Fixed them!

Comment

Beautiful photo's ...thanks

Comment

Working...
              X