Apple & fennel rosemary pork-roulade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple & fennel rosemary pork-roulade?

I am planing on making this on Sunday apple fennel rosemary pork roulade . Just wondering what temp and how long in the wfo should this be ?

Thanks
    Dave
    "Made are tools, and born are hands"--William Blake, 1757-1827

Picasa photo library:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1043493...lleryMay192012

Re: Apple & fennel rosemary pork-roulade?

I have never cooked that particular dish. But, it sounds like something that I definately want to try .

Last Sunday, I put two boston butts in the oven at 6 am. Buy, noon they were @ an internal temp of 190. My cook was an onion/garlic/crushed peppercorn recipee. My roasts were placed on a bed of onions with a little water in the bottom of the pan. I think that the apples would be a lot like the onions, since they both have a lot of sugar content. The temps/times should be similar. But, I really think that the internal temp is the most important to success.

My roasts turned out tender and moist. I did cool and separate the fat from the drippings and then added the ajue back to the roasts before serving.

I got a lot of "will you please cook that again" responses from my bunch. I hope that you will give us an update on your cook!
    Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

That sounds awesome what you made gulf , but what temp was your oven when you started it?
      I will definitely post pics on the roulade

Picasa photo library:

Comment

Originally posted by dsm View Post
        That sounds awesome what you made gulf , but what temp was your oven when you started it?
        I will definitely post pics on the roulade
        I'm sorry about that DSM,

My slow fingers were typing slower than my very slow brain . I started at the cook @ 300 degrees. It is kind of hard to nail the actual start temp based on what time you want to serve. I would start the cook at somewhere around that temp but, I would be more conserned with the internal temp for deciding when it is done. A cheap probe thermometer like this one from just about any supermarket will help .

In this pic, I had covered the deep pan wit foil and inserted the probe through then foil into the meat. During the cook, the pan was also covered with it's lid.
        Joe Watson " A year from now, you will wish that you had started today" My Build Album / My Build

Comment

I have made somthing similar. I started with a 5lb. pork loin with a fat cap. I cut it as to form a jelly roll. Made some stuffing from last weeks homeade lite wheat bread, buzzed in the processer, chopped apple, chopped onion chopped porchini mushrooms.added some bacon fat and chicken stock to hold the stuffing together. Filled the pork,rolled it and tied it up. Poked holes in the fat and stuck it with garlic slivers and rosemary. Placed on a rack in a pan with 1/2"of chicken stock in the bottom and covered with foil for about a hour at 350-325...removed the foil to brown for an additional 1/2-3/4 hr. and put some rosemary bush cuttings on the coals. Internal temp was about 160- 165. I served it with baked sweet potatos and homemade apple sauce, baby peas and onions evoo..A little gravy was made with pan drippings and flour. My oven was soaked with heat from making bread that morning, I had to let it come down in temp. I took the coals left from the A.M. bread making and lit them again for the rosemary bush cuttings to impart a light smoke. Not much left after dinner...........
          " Life is art, live a masterpiece"

Comment

Ok so the pork roulade came out great. It was a 7lb pork loin butterflied and stuffed with apple,fennel and thin slices of prosciutto plus seasoning then when the loin were ready to go in i put some peach marmalade to mix in with the juice that it would give off. It cooked in the oven about 4 hours temp when i put it in was around 390, with the door left open temp dropped for slower cooking.When done internal temp was around 160-165. I was basting it also and at the end when the loins were ready i heated the juices up put some corn starch and had my gravy. I have pictures of them but dont know how to add them in.

Picasa photo library:

Comment

Working...
            X