Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring/Summer Ramekins Schedule

Hello all,

Here is the Ramekins Spring and Summer 2007 Cooking Class Schedule for Wood-Fired Cooking. There are some great classes, including Bruce Aidells (of Aidells sausage fame for those of you outside the U.S. west coast), plus a class from Judy Witts, our friend in Florence who took some of the photos on FB.com. Mary Karlin is a contributor to the new FB Wood-Fired Cooking e-Book and she oversee the wood-fired cooking program at Ramekins, and Benzinger is Benzinger.

If you can find your way to Sonoma, the classes get great reviews.
    James

Ramekins Summer 2007 Wood-Fired Cooking Program

Flatbreads from Around the Globe, May 10, with Mary Karlin
    Pizza, Calzone & Focaccia, June 2, with Mary Karlin
    Bruce Aidells’ Grilling Party, June 15, with Bruce Aidells
    Taste of Sonoma Valley: Tour and Wood-fired Cooking at Benziger Winery, June 22, with Mary Karlin
    Italian Countryside Picnic Lunch, June 29, with Mary Karlin
    Outdoor Cooking a la Toscana, July 6, with Judy Witts-Francini
    Brunch on the Italian Riviera, July 22, with Mary Karlin
    Summer in Tuscany, August 10, with Deborah Dal Fovo
    Exploring Sonoma: Heirloom Tomatoes, Basil and Peppers, August 30, with Mary Karlin
    Last edited by james; 03-27-2007, 01:41 PM.
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Spring/Summer Ramekins Schedule

Any chance you will be making a guest appearance at any of these James?

A buddy and I are considering attending a couple. Choice will probably come down to schedule over topic.

BTW, I've been to Ramekins once, for a "cook your own lunch" corporate event. It was a lot of fun. We had a group of about 18 and were divided into small teams to prepare each course paired with a chef instructor. The instructors plated everything and served us. We brought the wine.

It was a lot of fun and very educational.
    - JC

Comment

I'm not a good enough cook! I have done a couple of events there, and it's a fun place. There's something good about people who are really into food.

We are going to be back in states some time in August, getting ready for the new school year, so I'm going to miss Judy in July. I'll let you know when our plans settle.
      James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'll be attending the Pizza, Calzone & Focaccia class on June 2 with Mary Karlin. While I'm cooking my wife will be at the spa at our hotel. We are dining Friday evening at the General's Daughter in Sonoma.

Does anyone have any dining recommendations and sights that we should take in?

Thanks,

J W

Comment

Working...
        X