Pizza bottom not cooked

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pizza bottom not cooked

My ovens dome was completely white and the fire red hot. I put my pizza on the oven floor and it started to sizzle immediately. The top was done in 90 seconds but the pizza bottom was not. What did I do wrong? What are the optimum oven temperatures to get more even cooking. My dough was 21 oz King Arthur pizza flour, packet of yeast, 1 1/2 cups water, I TBS EVOO. Help!

Re: Pizza bottom not cooked

Hello

Welcome to the Forum.

Do you have an IR thermometer to check the oven floor? You can sprinkle flour on the flour to judge the temperature. I think it should turn brown but not burn.

How much insulation do you have under the floor?

My floor is 550 to 600 when I cook Pizza. I have had the fire burning for about 90 minutes.

David

Comment

If you cast some semolina flou r(about 1/4 tsp) into the centre of the floor after pushing aside the fire and blowing away the ash, the semolina should turn black suddenly after 3 secs. If it takes 4 the floor is not hot enough if it takes 2 the floor is too hot. It will usually be to hot for the first pizza so cook that one nearer, or halfway in the entry where it will be a little cooler. Push subsequent pizzas further in.
      Maybe your floor is still wet. Is your oven pretty new?
      Kindled with zeal and fired with passion.

Comment

In my oven, for a 90 second bake, the floor would probably be ~800-825F. I usually run 850F on the floor and 950F-975F on the walls furthest from the fire and bake times time run 55 seconds +/-

Comment

What is your floor made of?

Comment

Working...
          X