Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sur La Table Pizza Oven

Have you guys seen this? I've only seen it in the catalog:

Handcrafted Terra Cotta Oven: Cook fish and meat in this handcrafted terra cotta oven - Specialty Cookware - Cookware - Sur La Table

Handcrafted Terra Cotta Oven

Our authentic European wood-fired oven infuses everything it cooks with a kiss of smoky goodness, producing tender and flavorful fish, meat, vegetables, breads?and the most fantastic pizza we?ve tried yet. This rustic oven becomes a focal point of your garden or terrace and a hub of activity when entertaining. Fueled by hardwoods and fruitwoods, heat builds up in the internal oven chamber and dissipates slowly through the cooler outer shell. Includes oven, stand, door, oven rack, cover, pizza paddle and brush. Oven is handmade in Portugal; 33" exterior diam./22" interior diam.; 25" tall. Total height, 59" with stand. 350 lbs.
    Keller TX
    Artigiano 39"
    former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
    www.leanblog.org
    http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Re: Sur La Table Pizza Oven

Two grand for that? Cheeze. Buy some firebricks, at least you can build it so you don't have smoke in your face.
    My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

I have seen those before. I know folks who have tried to import them to the UK and the U.S. It seems a little lost in the middle. It's too expensive to be a toy, but they don't work like a real brick oven. I've seen something similar on the Internet in Australia, where they hooked a propane burner to it and set it up in a park for a weekend party. 22" is pretty tight.

Still, how can you say no to "a kiss of smoky goodness"? :-)

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

It looks pretty cheesy to me, but then again, I'm spoiled.
        Keller TX
        Artigiano 39"
        former Phoenix resident and Pizzeria Bianco fan
        www.leanblog.org
        http://mypizzaoven.blogspot.com

sigpic

Comment

With the exception of the pointed dome - reminds me of the Cone Heads on SNL - this looks like the mud oven my nephew made in his back yard. The peel that he purchased at a local restaurant supply outlet cost a lot more that the materials for his oven.

J W

Comment

Working...
          X