Any good brisket recipes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any good brisket recipes

Any on have any good recipes for a roast or brisket and tips on cooking it in my oven having my 6 and 7 fire this weekend and I would like to cook something after I hit my temp goal going for 900 on Sat then I will try for the big fire then the frighting fire.

Re: Any good brisket recipes

Well my oven isn't done yet, but I have cooked brisket numerous times on my grill.

Here's what I am going to do when my oven is finished.

I would shoot for loading the brisket when the oven is about three hundred, maybe three fifty. It depends on how fast the temps drop off, but you will need a good 8-10 hours at around 250-225.

For my brisket I smear prepared mustard(helps tenderize and add flavor), and then I give it a nice dense coat of my season mixture.
    1/4 fresh course ground pepper, 1/4 salt, 1/4 garlic powder, 1/4 onion powder.

It can be 1/4 th of a cup or 1 cup of each, depends on how much you need, and what you want to put it on, but it's great on everything.

I would then put the brisket in the oven and throw wood chips on the coals for the first two hours. Then I would leave it alone. And let it slooooow cook. I do have to wrap mine in aluminum foil on my grill after the first 2 hours, or it will dry out.

I am not sure about the wood oven, they are supposed to much moister.

Let me know if you try it this way, I would love to see and read about the results.
    My thread:
    http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
    My costs:
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
    My pics:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

This is my killer brisket recipe. It is a winner, but I have never made it in the WFO...It would probably be a recipe for the day after the fire in my oven...

Slow Roasted BBQ Brisket from Houston Texas

Ingredients:

1 4-5lb beef brisket (for a larger brisket, double or triple the sauces)

Sauce #1

4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
      2 Tbs Liquid smoke
      4 Tbs Soy sauce
      2 tsp Garlic powder with salt
      2 tsp Onion Salt
      2 tsp Black Pepper
      2 tsp Salt
      Dash of Tabasco Sauce to taste

Sauce #2

6 Tbs Dark brown sugar
      1 Cup Ketchup
      2 tsp Dry mustard
      2 tsp Lemon juice
      2 Tbs Soy Sauce
      ? tsp Nutmeg
      Dash of Tabasco to taste

Preparation:
      Mix all of the ingredients for Sauce #1 and let them stand 20 minutes.

Place Brisket in a deep roasting pan and cover with sauce#1. Cover brisket with foil. Bake for 3 hours at 300 degrees.

Mix all of the ingredients for sauce #2 and let them stand for 20 minutes.

After brisket has baked for 3 hours pour off about ? of the drippings. Cover with sauce #2 and cook another 1&1/2 hours covered with foil.

Let Brisket rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!
      My Oven Thread:
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...-oven-633.html

Comment

Originally posted by DrakeRemoray View Post

This is my killer brisket recipe. It is a winner, but I have never made it in the WFO...It would probably be a recipe for the day after the fire in my oven...

Slow Roasted BBQ Brisket from Houston Texas

Ingredients:

1 4-5lb beef brisket (for a larger brisket, double or triple the sauces)

Sauce #1

4 tsp Worcestershire sauce
        2 Tbs Liquid smoke
        4 Tbs Soy sauce
        2 tsp Garlic powder with salt
        2 tsp Onion Salt
        2 tsp Black Pepper
        2 tsp Salt
        Dash of Tabasco Sauce to taste

Sauce #2

6 Tbs Dark brown sugar
        1 Cup Ketchup
        2 tsp Dry mustard
        2 tsp Lemon juice
        2 Tbs Soy Sauce
        ? tsp Nutmeg
        Dash of Tabasco to taste

Preparation:
        Mix all of the ingredients for Sauce #1 and let them stand 20 minutes.

Place Brisket in a deep roasting pan and cover with sauce#1. Cover brisket with foil. Bake for 3 hours at 300 degrees.

Mix all of the ingredients for sauce #2 and let them stand for 20 minutes.

After brisket has baked for 3 hours pour off about ? of the drippings. Cover with sauce #2 and cook another 1&1/2 hours covered with foil.

Let Brisket rest for about 30 minutes before slicing.

Enjoy!
        Thank you for Sharing! I followed the recipe as close as I could, and ended up with the photo below, (4# brisket, a combination of point and flat) after about 7 hours total in the wood oven, when I placed the brisket in the oven it was 350F, when I pulled it out it was 240F. iIt was covered the entire time, and IT WAS DELICIOUS! I upped the dash of tabasco to a few dashes of Habanero sauce, and it was just perfect for me, super tender, juicy and full of flavor.

Oh, I also did not have any dry mustard, so I used Dijon mustard instead, and since I was cooking in a wood oven, I omitted the liquid smoke from Sauce #1. If anything, I might reduce the sugar by as much as half just to try-it..but it did taste fantastic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Brisket.jpg Views:	0 Size:	286.7 KB ID:	450092
        if it's worth doing, it's worth doing to the best of your ability!
        Sixto - Minneapolis

Comment

Originally posted by asudavew View Post

Well my oven isn't done yet, but I have cooked brisket numerous times on my grill.

Here's what I am going to do when my oven is finished.

I would shoot for loading the brisket when the oven is about three hundred, maybe three fifty. It depends on how fast the temps drop off, but you will need a good 8-10 hours at around 250-225.

For my brisket I smear prepared mustard(helps tenderize and add flavor), and then I give it a nice dense coat of my season mixture.
          1/4 fresh course ground pepper, 1/4 salt, 1/4 garlic powder, 1/4 onion powder.

It can be 1/4 th of a cup or 1 cup of each, depends on how much you need juiceness, and what you want to put it on, but it's great on everything.

I would then put the brisket in the oven and throw wood chips on the coals for the first two hours. Then I would leave it alone. And let it slooooow cook. I do have to wrap mine in aluminum foil on my grill after the first 2 hours, or it will dry out.

I am not sure about the wood oven, they are supposed to much moister.

Let me know if you try it this way, I would love to see and read about the results.
          Looking for a new brisket rub just to try something different. Any suggestions? i usually use Fiesta Brand, but there's has been a little salty the laast couple of times i have tried it. What's you favorite that I can pick up at the store? i prefer something that has some brown sugar in it because that's what my wife and kids like. Or does anybody have a recipe that doesnt make 10 lbs of rub? I am cooking a brisket on Sunday and need some ideas.

Comment

Working...
          X