A new stand mixer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new stand mixer

I'm in the market for a new stand mixer and wanted to ask what folks use, like, dislike, etc. I'm leaning toward a 6 quart, 525W KitchenAid Professional -- the big one. You can get a good deal from a couple of eBay merchants -- they even beat Costco.

Do you like your KitchenAid? Any Electrolux or Bosch owners out there?

Let me know.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

i have the kitchenaid 6 quart professional 600. it works fine. make sure that you get the newer version that has all metal gearing, as the older ones' plastic drive gears would wear out really quickly when used as a dough mixer. even this one heats up a bit when i do a large batch, but i'm pretty sure it's the best you can get short of buying the smallest industrial mixers (they make tabletop ones that are about 25-30 qts.--hobart is a really good standby brand).
    -Paul
    overdo it or don't do it at all!

My 2005 pompeii build

Comment

Paul,

Thanks. Quite the coincidence. I just heard from a friend who a serious baker, who said the exact same thing. Metals gears and a new dough hook, and that they are blowing out the "6" at a lower price, not the "600".

I've heard it twice, so it must be true.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

i'll repeat my previous posting, if three makes the charm...
        -Paul

My 2005 pompeii build

Comment

mine does say "professional 600" on the front.
          -Paul

My 2005 pompeii build

Comment

here's a forum where they are discussing the kitchenaid pro600 mixer:

http://forum.kitchenaid.com/forums/t...?TOPIC_ID=2226

The first writer on this thread says that with the spiral hook it is much better than the hobart mixer used in professional kitchens.

David
            My geodesic oven project: part 1, part 2

Comment

Working...
            X