Good recipe for Leg of lamb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good recipe for Leg of lamb

Does anybody have a good recipe for bone in leg of lamb? We have a recipe that we have used on the rotisserie on our bbq. Could we just use that in a roasting pan and at what temp? Thanks---Mel

Mel,

We've done leg of lamb, but haven't tried anything really special. We let the oven heat fall pretty far -- 4 mississippis. We cut a crossing pattern in the skin and set garlic in the slits, covered the joint with olive oil and herb di' provence. That's it. It was very nice. I gauged when it was done by sight. Those instructions came from the butcher in the little village in Provence where we go on vacation and have an oven.

Let us know how it goes.
    James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Leg of lamb

Hi James-- The last leg of lamb we did we cut slits in it and put garlic, sliced black olives and rosemary in it. We also put olive oil and herbs on it, and it turned out great on the BBQ rotisserie. We will be doing the lamb for the holidays and our recipe's are pretty much the same- we cooked ours to about 130 degrees, about medium rare. How long did your lamb take and approx temp of the oven, I know you use 4 Mississippi as a guage, could you guess at a temp? THANKS---Mel

Comment

Mel,

We are curing the Casa oven in the new kitchen right now and I will start converting mississippis to temperatures in the next couple of weeks.

Four mississippis is bread temperature, so I am guessing its around 450F-500F, but we'll see. My memory is the roast took 30 minutes.

Peter also commented that you should take any roast out before it is fully done, and letting it stand to finish cooking under foil.

James
        Last edited by james; 10-24-2005, 01:41 AM.
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
        X