Ramekins Class

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramekins Class

I just took a class from Ramekins last weekend. It was a wood fired oven class on making pizza from a guy that has an oven on a trailer. He takes it to different framers markets in the area and also caters parties. I was not overly impressed with the class because I was expecting it to be filled with people who were pizza nuts. Turns out most of them never have made a pizza before! Can you imagine! We got to use a Forno Bravo oven so it was good to see one in action.

So the class was good and I learned a few things, we made some nice pizza. The one with asparagus and goat cheese was very good. I am taking another class on wood fired oven cooking and another class on Neapolitan Pizza making.

I have not had time to post in a while, hopefully I will have more time in the future.

Loren

Here are descriptions of the two classes.

Join Ramekins wood-burning oven expert Mary Karlin in experiencing the pleasure of wood-fired oven cooking. In this introductory class, you?ll learn about grilling, roasting, searing and baking both in a Big Green Egg and in an authentic Italian wood-fired brick oven from Forno Bravo. Currently writing a book on the subject of wood-fired cooking, Mary will discuss various essentials, including heat management, tools and techniques while helping students create a sumptuous menu.
    ? Pizza Napoletana al Forno
    ? Grilled Pizza Bianca with Potato, Smoked Salmon and Chive Cr?me Fra?che
    ? Grilled Marinated Shrimp with Salsa Verde
    ? Moroccan Clay-Cooked Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons, Carrots and Green Olives
    ? Saffron and Pistachio Couscous
    ? Roasted Apple Tart Tatin with Cr?me Fra?che

Rosetta Costantino was born and raised in Verbicaro, a small town in Calabria, two-and-a-half hours south of Naples. Her father was a master cheesemaker and winemaker and tended the family's olive groves, vineyards, livestock and farm. Virtually all of the family's food came from their own land or the nearby Mediterranean Sea. When Rosetta was a teenager, she and her parents moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and continued to maintain the slow-food traditions of Calabria, growing and preserving their own produce, making their own ricotta, and curing their own salsiccia calabrese. In 2001, when Rosetta became a stay-at-home mom, she began to hone the cooking skills she had learned from her mother and grandmothers. In 2004, a San Francisco Chronicle food-page cover story on her family, "Calabria from Scratch," announced her inaugural cooking classes. The article produced such an overwhelming response that she has been teaching sold-out classes steadily since.
    If you?ve ever wanted to learn how to bake crisp, thin-crust pizzas as they do in Naples, this is the class to take. Calabria-born Rosetta Costantino will work with students to knead the dough and go through the process of allowing the dough to rise twice. A variety of Rosetta?s favorite pizzas will be made, starting with the classic Margherita. Students can use their imaginations to create favorites from among the various toppings. The class will conclude with a sweet pizza topped with homemade fresh ricotta cream and seasonal fruit.
    ? Classic Pizza Margherita with Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Basil
    ? Prosciutto, Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes and Shaved Parmigiano Pizza (Pizza al Crudo)
    ? Pizza with Calabrian Sausage, Peppers and Onion (Pizza Calabrese)
    ? Roasted Potato Pizza with Rosemary, Fontina and Gorgonzola (Pizza con Patate)
    ? Pizza with Tomato Sauce, Grilled Eggplant, Goat Cheese, Mozzarella and Prosciutto (Pizza Mediterranea)
    ? Dessert Pizza Topped with Fresh Ricotta Cream, Sliced Almonds and Fruit (Pizza Dolce)

Re: Ramekins Class

Originally posted by Loren View Post
    ? Pizza Napoletana al Forno
    ? Grilled Pizza Bianca with Potato, Smoked Salmon and Chive Cr?me Fra?che
    ? Grilled Marinated Shrimp with Salsa Verde
    ? Moroccan Clay-Cooked Chicken Tagine with Preserved Lemons, Carrots and Green Olives
    ? Saffron and Pistachio Couscous
    ? Roasted Apple Tart Tatin with Cr?me Fra?che

? Classic Pizza Margherita with Tomato Sauce, Mozzarella and Basil
    ? Prosciutto, Arugula, Cherry Tomatoes and Shaved Parmigiano Pizza (Pizza al Crudo)
    ? Pizza with Calabrian Sausage, Peppers and Onion (Pizza Calabrese)
    ? Roasted Potato Pizza with Rosemary, Fontina and Gorgonzola (Pizza con Patate)
    ? Pizza with Tomato Sauce, Grilled Eggplant, Goat Cheese, Mozzarella and Prosciutto (Pizza Mediterranea)
    ? Dessert Pizza Topped with Fresh Ricotta Cream, Sliced Almonds and Fruit (Pizza Dolce)
    some nice tasty combo's ....take a few pics for the mob
    sigpicTiempo para guzarlos..... ...enjoy every sandwich!

Comment

Loren - When is the Neapolitan Pizza making class? I am having problems trying to get the Ramekins schedule to come up.

Comment

I will take some pics of the pies and share...

Comment

Here is the information on the class, and website.

Ramekins Class Search Results

Hands-on
          Friday, June 13th, 6:30PM-9:30PM
          Class Code: 061308PM
          $90.00
          Enter number of people attending.
          For 6 or more spaces, please contact our office.
          Rosetta Costantino was born and raised in Verbicaro, a small town in Calabria, two-and-a-half hours south of Naples. Her father was a master cheesemaker and winemaker and tended the family's olive groves, vineyards, livestock and farm. Virtually all of the family's food came from their own land or the nearby Mediterranean Sea. When Rosetta was a teenager, she and her parents moved to the San Francisco Bay Area and continued to maintain the slow-food traditions of Calabria, growing and preserving their own produce, making their own ricotta, and curing their own salsiccia calabrese. In 2001, when Rosetta became a stay-at-home mom, she began to hone the cooking skills she had learned from her mother and grandmothers. In 2004, a San Francisco Chronicle food-page cover story on her family, "Calabria from Scratch," announced her inaugural cooking classes. The article produced such an overwhelming response that she has been teaching sold-out classes steadily since.

Comment

Working...
          X