Cutting pizza: a wheel or knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cutting pizza: a wheel or knife

Following Brian's lead, here is a poll on how you cut your pizzas. Don't forget that pizzas are never cut in an Italian pizzerias -- you are supposed to eat it with a knife and fork; and pizza is a perfectly appropriate meal for a sophisticated couple in a fancy restaurant.

We use the big, blue FB pizza cutting wheel. It's darn sharp.

James
    I use a pizza cutting wheel.
    76.19%
    I use a big chef's knife.
    4.76%
    I bought one of these big, half moon knives.
    14.29%
    I don't; I make my guests use a knife and fork.
    4.76%
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Re: Cutting pizza: a wheel or knife

Originally posted by james View Post
    ... Don't forget that pizzas are never cut in an Italian pizzerias -- you are supposed to eat it with a knife and fork; and pizza is a perfectly appropriate meal for a sophisticated couple in a fancy restaurant.
    I learned this in, of all places, England! When in England I knife-and-fork but in the US I slice-and-fold.

Oh my, I feel a follow-on poll... which way do folks fold their slice: length-wize or width-wize?
    Last edited by BrianShaw; 05-02-2008, 07:07 PM.

Comment

I voted for the last, because once I learned to eat pizza with a knife and fork in Italy, it is still my favorite way. You slow down and taste everything better.

Reality is that the wife, kids and guests like it cut. Cutting wheel if I can find it, knife if I can't.
      GJBingham
      -----------------------------------
      Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

I voted for "I bought one of these big, half moon knives.", but I didn't buy one cause I haven't really looked for one but would rather make one.
        I do have a suitable sized piece of stainless steel but looking for a better quality steel that will keep a very keen sharp edge.

Neill
        Prevention is better than cure, - do it right the first time!

The more I learn, the more I realise how little I know

Neill’s Pompeiii #1
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/n...-1-a-2005.html
        Neill’s kitchen underway
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f35/...rway-4591.html

Comment

Working...
        X