Dough storage trays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dough storage trays

I bought a couple of 9x12x3 stackable at Restaurant Depot - perfect size for us. French door refrigerator..

Comment

maybe not Euro fridges....but the artisan trays fit in a 36" standard depth fridge perfectly and they even fit sideways in a 42" or 48" side by side built-in/counter depth fridge.

Comment

the new trays in action with a 3 day retard.

Comment

I ordered and received a couple of trays. I'll sure be easier than the Ziploc storage containers.. Fingers crossed on how they go through the dishwasher.

Thanks for the link!

Chris

Comment

I just pulled 13 pizzas out of these after 4 days in the fridge. Barely any skin on them...definite fan of these.

Comment

quick follow up - 1 yr later and I now have 10 of the dough mate trays. cannot say enough good things about them. I love how they stack/interlock. easy to clean. and they hold dough in fridge for 3-4 days with almost zero skin. and I can pull the whole stack out for a party and the lower trays stay cold for hours unless/until I uncover them (I usually uncover a tray or two at least 30-45mins before I am ready to use in summer weather outside).

Comment

Thanks for the follow up. Do the dough balls rest on flour in the tray bottom? Glad the trays are working for you. I have hesitated over buying them because of the price. I think I may be ready to give them a try. Thanks again, Bruce
                Link to my build here:
                http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f6/3...lly-19181.html

Check out my pictures here:

Selected pictures of the build.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1168565...g&noredirect=1

sigpic “In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.” ― Albert Einstein

Comment

I have a couple of those dough-mate trays and love them. I can't fathom what I would do with 10, but you must be having some large and/or frequent pizza parties!

I do struggle sometimes getting the dough out when it grows together. I usually try not to let it get that big on the final rise, it just gets hard to handle. I only wait 45-60 mins after balling the dough. After reading this thread, maybe I should give it another try.
                  My build progress
                  My WFO Journal on Facebook
                  My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

I only put 4-5 balls per tray. 1-2 days in fridge and they rise and hold shape and do not touch. They " fall" and spread out and touch days 3-4. I typically oil the bottom a bit but not always. They don't stick much at all. I use the plastic scrape as needed to lift the dough out and move it to a floured surface.

Absolutely worth the $$ if these will fit in your fridge. I use cheap pint wonton soup containers for freezing. Bought in bulk at a restaurant supply store.

Comment

As for 10 trays, I do 30-40 pizzas several parties a year.....the trays make it very easy to stay organized.

Comment

Working...
                      X