Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: frozen pizzas

Originally posted by PizzaJNKY View Post
    My appologies to the WFO-Gods if it was a crime to cook frozen pizzas in my oven...
    Once upon a time, gods really appreciated burnt offerings!

Comment

If the kids liked it, I'm sure the pizza gods will be lenient, and will accept the offering in the spirit it was meant...
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Tears and giggles. Funny funny thread!

Bruce- I take my brain out and play with it all the time. It just sits there on the counter and contemplates life while I flop around on the floor convulsing.

Frances - Are you going to make us research the unamended version of Terry Pratchett's quote. I think it might be a bit more off-color. Come on! Give it up!

JNKY - the gods are very forgiving. Someone did Pilsbury type cinamon rolls from a can not too long ago. What the hell! All good fun.
        GJBingham
        -----------------------------------
        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

...what, no one here reads Terry Pratchett??!
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

Originally posted by Frances View Post
            ...what, no one here reads Terry Pratchett??!
            Well, I don't know about the others, but I had not heard of Terry. So it was off to the internet and Wikipedia for some research. Not it's off the the book store.

It is fitting, knowing the twisted minds of some of us here, that he holds the record for the most shoplifted author in Britain.

J W

Comment

Probably related to Amy Sedaris

Comment

Never heard of her.

George, get your mind out of the gutter! Terry Pratchett says writing books is the most fun anyone can have by themselves... just goes to show he's never built an oven, right?

Comment

I must confess....been there,done that. When I first instaled the pizza oven, I was intimidated by dough (maybe a holdover phobia from early philsbury doughboy trauma?). Too many people were telling me awful stories of dough disasters (but never their own actual experiences). I was anxious to try something in the oven and was in the final stages of curing firing. The frozen pizza went in. Pizza Police is pretty durn close with his imaginaion... In just a short time it was a mess. The middle quickly burned through, the outside was soggy, and the toppings were a mixture of burnt, tastless and plain crap.
                  Turns out pizza dough is easy.
                  Last edited by cvdukes; 06-03-2008, 08:47 PM.
                  Paradise is where you make it.

Comment

Originally posted by cvdukes View Post
                    .... tastless and plain crap.
                    Yep, that about summarizes frozen pizza correctly... WFO or regular oven.

I must confess, however, that I actually eat that tastless crap too often - the penalty for having two young children who are involved in too many after-school/evening/weekend activities.

Wow, that feels good; I finally got that off of my chest. I ought to go to confession more often!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianShaw View Post
                      Wow, that feels good; I finally got that off of my chest. I ought to go to confession more often!
                      It's ok Brian. We're still making WFO pizza with Ragu sauce and Kraft shredded cheese

Even with "inferior" ingredients, my WFO pizza blows away every restaurant pizza in town.

I had Papa John's at a birthday party my daughter went to last week. I almost couldn't eat it.

My wife and I were trying to decide where to eat out last night. She said, "Well, I can't suggest pizza because you've totally spoiled us with the pizza oven"

With the exception of "frozen pizza" I don't think you can make a bad pizza in a Pompeii!
                      Ken H. - Kentucky
                      42" Pompeii

Pompeii Oven Construction Video Updated!

Oven Thread ... Enclosure Thread
                      Cost Spreadsheet ... Picasa Web Album

Comment

Ooooooh, Ken! Bad bad bad! Gread build, bad cooking.

Premake your sauce and dough and freeze it in quart size bags. Garlic and dough retains its flavor for a month in the freezer. Pull it out a couple hours before you cook. Better Ummms,
                        GJBingham
                        -----------------------------------
                        Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Working...
                        X