Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuscan grill question

G'day All,
    I've read lots of posts about the Tuscan Grill and it looks amazing, I'm planning on getting one.
    One question. I don't mind oil and fats etc dripping on the oven floor inside the dome where there is, or will eventually be a fire. I cook pizza's directly on the oven floor after roughly moving the ash, and this too means topping from pizza's will fall off, which like oils and fats etc will burn away. I'm not sure however if I would like oils/fats dripping on the floor entry-way and I can't see how that could be avoided, thereby leaving stains which I guess could not be removed?
    I would appreciate any thoughts if you have used a Tuscan Grill.
    Kind Regards
    Greg
    Adelaide, Australia.

Typically you'll move coals out of the dome under your tuscan grill, even when it is in the entry way. So stains shouldn't be a problem. If you do get grease stains - I find kitty litter will clean them up.
    My build progress
    My WFO Journal on Facebook
    My dome spreadsheet calculator

Comment

Thanks Deejayoh,
      Thanks for the reply, makes sense, move the coals so the grill can be positioned without the need to move it. I watched you-tube of someone using a grill and he moved it in and out, turning meats etc at the front of the entry. I'm thinking your idea sounds a lot better.
      Kind Regards
      Greg
      Adelaide, Australia.

Comment

Working...
      X