Pizza Party for 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pizza Party for 100

Maybe you could do the pizzas as appetizers and cut them into small pieces for people to sample. Then have the main meal a huge pasta casserole made up ahead of time, covered with cheese, and then stuck in the WFO for about 5 minutes to caramelize the cheese. Add a salad and there you go. The other option is to hire a caterer to actually cook your pizzas. We have talked about that on the forum before, but I don't know if that is an option for you. You are on the right track.....practice practice practice and think from many angles.

Comment

Fish is hard to come by on a small island? Who knew?

Comment

Originally posted by Groves View Post
        Fish is hard to come by on a small island? Who knew?
        Maybe just shrimp?
        My thread:
        http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/d...ress-2476.html
        My costs:
        http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...Xr0fvgxuh4s7Hw
        My pics:
        http://picasaweb.google.com/dawatsonator

Comment

Have you thought of asking some of the people to bring appetizers and some others to bring a desert? Some could bring a couple of pounds of their favorite pizza topings.

Comment

I did a pizza party for 111 people 2 weeks ago at our church where pizza was the entree and served buffet style. It took about 25 minutes to get everyone through the line once and there were a few minutes where they were completely out of pizza..but people were forgiving knowing that we were moving as fast as we could. We also did dessert pizzas at the end. I ended up going through 87 - 10oz dough balls.

Comment

What I found is this. I like to do fast small pizzas. The way it works at my house is that everyone gets to make their own individual pizza. This is half the fun. But the reality is that the woman take to the kitchen. After the wine has begun to kick in they start to share the pizzas. All contribute to the little masterpieces, then as a group they cut it up to saver their art. The process repeats and the guests nibble as they go. Others just make their own. I lay out a few rules like keeping plenty of corn meal under the pizza. I cook they build, they watch their creation cook before their eyes, "more wine please"

It work for thirty easy but 100?... wow.

Berryst
              sigpic

Comment

Well we didn't have as many as expected, so we ended up making around 70 Pizzas, around 60 Pittas and a few batches of meatballs to go with the pittas. My son did a small BBQ so that nobody starved while they waited. People brought their own toppings, and we had bought lots in, so could be pizzas from the frozen left over ingredients for the rest of the year. Hey ho!
                The only thing that really went wrong was that I took the doughballs out to defrost, both pitta and pizza, and put them in stackable trays. Should have realised really, but that meant as there were so many of them, that I had created an outdoor fridge/freezer, the first doughballs weren't deferosted and ready until 4.5 hours later, about an hour after we had intended to start. We ended the night after much beer, making chocolate and icecream calazone! very messy, but also very good

Simon

Comment

Simon,

Sounds fun. I really enjoy the bigger parties.

Did you take pictures?
                  James
                  Pizza Ovens
                  Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Working...
                  X