A fun birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A fun birthday present

Here is my favorite birthday present. A tall, steel fire lighter. Very good looking and heavy in your hand. It's 12". A heck of a lot nicer than the gas lighters you buy at Home Depot.

James
    Pizza Ovens
    Outdoor Fireplaces

Nice. Those cheapie ones never seem to last! Of course I don't need either these days. I use my propane torch

to start my fires. No kindling. Just choose some fairly thin logs (1" or so), stack them just so, click the ignitor and within a minute, I've got a good blaze to build from.
    ~David

Comment

Not exactly subtle

David,

Good point. But if you are going to light a fire with company watching, which would you use? .... Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

James
      Pizza Ovens
      Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james
        David,

Good point. But if you are going to light a fire with company watching, which would you use? .... Maybe you shouldn't answer that.

James
        for company, i'd build myself one of these...
        my site for our pompeii and tandoor ovens
        www.killdawabbit.com

Comment

Oooooooh! I want one of those Robert! I'm pretty sure I could cut my oven heating time to under 20min!!

But seriously, with company coming, I'd still use the propane torch. Sure it's not sportin' but in my experience, the fire aspect is 20% important, while the preparation of the final product rates in around 80%. But that is one nifty lighter. Way better than the cheapo one I have and can't stand!
          ~David

Comment

Flame on

Unfortunately Kalifornia made it illegal to build a product that emits a flame longer than 10 feet. I am not sure of the actual wording and all. I hear that this sort of thing is ok in New Zealand

Comment

Propane torch on Sale

I just came from Harbor Freight Tools, and they had a propane torch on sale for $17.99. It comes with a 6.5 foot hose. I just tried it out, and it works much better than the Bernz-O-Matic I was using. It's not quite like Robert's flame thrower, but more than sufficient. ---Mel

Comment

Working...
              X