Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Electrolux Assistent in FB Store

Frances,
    you can definitely make most any type of dough with it. I have used mine for pasta dough and bagels as well as bread and pizza. If you have a small batch (under 5 dl liquid) I think looks like it mostly just moves around, but it probably gets kneaded anyway. I usually use it for 1 to 1,5 litre liquid.

Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it soon.

/Mari

Comment

Thank you Mari

So the trick is to just leave it alone to get on with it? I'm still very much at the poking it with a wooden spoon stage.

The second lot of dough turned out better. I just never expected it to be so different from hand kneading...
      "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f8/p...pics-2610.html
      http://www.fornobravo.com/forum/f9/p...nues-2991.html

Comment

Hi Frances,

Yours sure beat mine. We're still waiting here in the U.S. Keep the updates coming, and by the time the UL Listed units arrive here, we'll all feel like experts.

Are photos possible?

James
        Pizza Ovens
        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
          Are photos possible?
          Sure, anytime! I'll take lots next bake day...
          "Building a Brick oven is the most fun anyone can have by themselves." (Terry Pratchett... slightly amended)

Comment

Frances,
            Yes, just let the machine do its thing, unless you do like I did a while ago, and forget that you already put in quite a bit of starter nd then add 1.5 litre water (which really is pushing it a bit anyway). Then you DO have to poke at it with a wooden spoon, or the square scraper that comes with it, or else the dough will escape. :-)
            It was hard work to keep the dough in the bowl, and I had to let the machine (and my arms) rest for a bit after a few minutes. Turned out fine in the end.

/Mari

Comment

So, here are the pics... the last one there is after about eight minutes where the dough sort of sits on the end of the kneading thing and rotates round its own axis, without any actual kneading activity as far as I can tell.

Oh and another thing, adding liquid after kneading starts is not a good idea, because it makes the sides of the bowl slippery and the dough really just sits there with the bowl revolving round it...

Comment

Frances,
                My machine did not come with the dough hook you have, so I've just been using the "roll" (beside the machine on your leftmost picture), and I find that more effective. I borrowed a dough hool a few years ago, and got to use it a couple of times, but did not buy one, since I, like you, felt that the dough just sat there. It must be good for something, maybe someone else on the forum have used it more. I know the instruction manual says to use the hook at least for larger doughs, but the roll works fine too, just be prepared to push the dough down if it starts to travel up (usually happens before everything is mixed), if you make larger doughs (1-1.5 litre liquid). And, like you have discovered, if you need to add liquids after the dough is mixed, you need to add it a little at a time.
                Good luck!
                /Mari

PS. I really like the look of your oven. Mine is not done yet, it is/will be a clay oven, so no mosaic :-)

Comment

I haven't had any issues with using the dough hook and actually prefer it over the roller, but that may also be because I am usually making 8+ pounds of dough at a time. I was finding that the dough "crept" too much on the roller for my liking.
                  I love the mixer though, I made 140 6oz doughs last night in about 1.5 hours and would have never been able to do that in my KA mixer without it giving out.

Comment

Hello all,

After a lot of work, the Electrolux Assistent has passed UL and is now in stock in the U.S. Yeah! I will be getting more details on pricing, colors and shipping over the next few days, and I wanted to give everyone a heads up. It's coming!
                    James
                    Pizza Ovens
                    Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

Hello all,

After a lot of work, the Electrolux Assistent has passed UL and is now in stock in the U.S. Yeah! I will be getting more details on pricing, colors and shipping over the next few days, and I wanted to give everyone a heads up. It's coming!
                      James
                      James will you be shipping these to Australia? We dont have a stockist here, and i'd prefer to buy from a trusted overseas supplier.

Comment

That sounds hard! Power and plug issues, warranties, shipping expenses. Yikes.

Have you written to the company to see if they are planning on appointing a local dealer?
                        James
                        Pizza Ovens
                        Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

That sounds hard! Power and plug issues, warranties, shipping expenses. Yikes.

Have you written to the company to see if they are planning on appointing a local dealer?
                          James
                          Yes i emailed them some time ago about availability in Australia, and there were no plans to bring them in.
                          Doesnt it just need an adapter to run?
                          I REALLY want one of these my KA is crap at dough.

Comment

It's Official. FB is now an authorized Electrolux Assistent dealer and you can purchase the mixer in four different color/finish trim packages through the FB Store. We charge MSRP (standard retail price) and the shipping cost is very reasonable.

I am looking forward to building up our knowledge around this new mixer and to learning a lot more.

You can find it here:

Electrolux Assistent Dough Mixer :: Forno Bravo Store

James
                            Pizza Ovens
                            Outdoor Fireplaces

Comment

I'm biting my fingernails. What to do, what to do.......
                              GJBingham
                              -----------------------------------
                              Everyone makes mistakes. The trick is to make mistakes when nobody is looking.

-

Comment

Hi James!

I, too, will be looking for reports. I am torn between hand mixing and buying a mixer but I am not yet convinced. 8 pound batches just aren't quite big enough to convince me to switch and IF I were to buy now I would be torn between the Electrolux and the SP5 micro spiral. I look forward to more input!

Thanks!
                                Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X